Minnetonka Public Schools
24 Teacher-Aviation Instructor, 1.0 FTE
Minnetonka Public Schools
- Minnesota Secondary Teacher License in Technology Education, Science, Social Studies or other secondary area with aviation background desired.
- Will consider candidates for CTE license through PELSB.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: * Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the District approved curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records in a timely fashion prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of Schoology, newsletters, phone calls, e-mails, conferences, etc.
- Works in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues and supervisors.
- Maintains and improves professional skills by participating in building and department meetings, formal coursework, workshops, and seminars in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
- Participates in a professional learning community on a regular basis.
- Integration of technology into instruction.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Specific Responsibilities: * Aviation Instructor will be the primary instructor for students to receive training in the aviation industry.
- Aviation Instructor will be responsible for teaching all applicable levels of aviation. The instructor will develop and present specific lesson plans using a variety of educational techniques including project based learning, lectures, exhibits, curriculum driven site visits and technology.
- Collaborative work in a fast-paced environment interacting with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community with multiple requests and concerns.
- Support and communicate with other administrators and staff.
- Respond in emergency situations.
- Know, interpret, and follow school District policies.
- May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- May provide input to the goal-setting process for paraprofessionals.
Knowledge and Skills: * Demonstrated background in aviation knowledge, including flight simulation software.
- Demonstrated background as a pilot or as a flight instructor, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
- Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
- Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
- Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
- Effectively communicate and have interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Anjie Flowers, Executive Director of Human Resources
Jeff Erickson, Principal
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under “District” then “Departments-Human Resources” click “Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form” found on the right side of the page. Current employees do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.
Sun, 12 Mar 2023 05:26:40 GMT
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.