City Colleges of Chicago
ADJUNCT FACULTY – ESL (PART-TIME)
Truman College is currently seeking a part-time faculty to teach English during the Fall 2023 semester. If you have passion for teaching and learning and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
- Foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Master’s degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (T.E.S.O.L.) or Master’s degree in Linguistics.
- One year teaching and/or training experience.
- Knowledge of the Brightspace Learning Management system preferred.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students.
How to Apply:
- All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit the following documents for review:
- A letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- A statement of your teaching philosophy
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial transcripts initially accepted, official transcripts must be provided at time of interview.)
- Two letters of recommendation
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.