United Nations Children's Fund
Summary of Key Functions/Accountabilities:
- Ensure regular updates and maintenance of Assets Register for both assets tracked in Vision and Assets Tracked outside Vision.
- Safeguarding all UNICEF Assets.
- Ensure that all assets are updated for information on the status, rooms, locations, custodian and Personal Staff for low value attractive and BCP items.
- Organize bi-annual asset counts.
- Support on annual physical Assets counts.
- Electronic filing of all information on Assets management including Assets counts reports and minutes of the Property Survey Board (PSB) Committee.
- Support the PSB Committee meeting.
- Propose the assets for disposal.
- Monitor monthly closure on asset related schedule as per DFAM monthly guidelines.
- Provides travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, and documentation procedures.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains, and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel plan and budgetary control records.
- Monitors travel certification and report back to the team
- Monitor Travel Dashboard and ensure Travels are certified with the stated deadline as per SOP on Travel
Facility, Warehouse and Contracts Management
- Timely respond to staff requests on facility and warehouse management
- Ensure the cleaning company is adhering to WHO protocols
- Support on Greening initiative & Response to Covid – 19
- Support on workplace safety and provide guidance and tools for staff working remotely
- Closely monitor contracts and advise the supervisor on their extension, renewal and support on drafting the ToRs.
- Draft the contract performance evaluation at the end of each contract for review by the supervisor
- Supervise the generator maintenance work and ensure services are done on time and in compliance with TORs
Invoice Processing and support with Procurement of Low Value Procurement:
- Guides managers in the process of PCA/SSAs in line with the policies and guidance issued by FRG, supply division and DHR.
- Facilitates the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the section. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, creation of Purchase Requisition and or service orders, comparing of the proformas, preparation of Table of Comparisons, and making necessary logistical arrangements.
- Maintains up-to-date vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters.
- Preparation of payment document, uploading them on the SharePoint and follow up with Finance on payments submitted by Admin section.
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in VISION (creation of Service Entry sheets and Goods Receipts in Vision).
- Uploads electronic files and verifies results to destination system.
- Responds to client transaction status and other inquiries.
Events, Hotel, Conference Booking and Office Supplies Management:
- Maintains office calendar and arranges meetings/conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Liaises with budget focal points and section over costs and needs.
- Takes minutes of Admin/ operations meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and coherence.
- Provide hotel/conference booking services to program sections.
- Arranges for the purchase and timely distribution of office supplies.
- Manage office supplies and vehicle spare parts.
- Prepare Monthly reports of the Office supplies/vehicle spare parts.
- Ensure safety and security stores.
- Advising sections on documents to be archived and those to be destroyed based on archiving policy.
- Submission to PSB for documents for destruction.
- Clean ups and Organizing, arranging the admin store, ICT store etc.
- Retrieving document whenever required.
- Converting files to be archived to electronic files.
General Administrative Duties:
- Provide support other General administrative matter.
- Support on Greening the blue initiatives.
- Maintaining data for EFAAT (Environmental Footprint & Accessibility Assessment Tool) and ensure timely reporting to Headquarters.
- Ensure knowledge sharing with other staff in the Office.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems required.
- In-depth knowledge of UNICEF organizational structure, administrative policies and procedures.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals and to provide guidance to more junior support staff.
To qualify as an advocate for every child, you will have…
- Completion of secondary education (high school diploma) is required;
- Completion of first university degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) is desirable/an asset.
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- In-depth knowledge of working with an ERP system is required.
- Training and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software, such as SharePoint is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN or ocal language is an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Programme ManagerInternational Organization for MigrationChinaChina
Long-Term Agreement (LTA) for the Engagement of the Individual Consultant as Knowledge Management Specialist, DHR Emergency Team, Division of Human Resources, 24 months (Remote based assignment)UNICEF GlobalUnited StatesUnited States
Finance and Administrative AssistantInternational Labour OrganizationNairobi, KenyaNairobi, Kenya