United Nations Children's Fund
For every child, hope…
- As part of the Environmental Sustainability and Inclusiveness unit under Administrative Management Services in DFAM this
- position will be located in Istanbul – Turkey helping to achieve the organizational goals that UNICEF has set for our global
- field office network, namely in improving environmental sustainability, accessibility and inclusiveness of operations and
- The Administrative Officer (Environmental Sustainability & Inclusiveness) is responsible for supporting the planning,
- implementation of strategies, and reporting progress on resource use efficiency and inclusion across UNICEF globally, to
- achieve concrete results and improve environmental sustainability and inclusion of UNICEF’s office network and
How can you make a difference?
Key functions of this position include:
- Support implementation of Environmental Sustainability and Inclusiveness projects to help achieve accessibility levels and GHG emissions reductions targets.
- Support offices to identify the key environmental factors, set targets and establish individual action plans.
- Facilitate knowledge exchange between offices for new initiatives, project updates and progress, towards operations goals.
- Strategic support to country offices in the Greening & Accessibility funding application process and in monitoring efficiencies of ongoing and completed projects.
- Support the implementation of innovative initiatives including solar leasing, smart energy metering project and accessibility helpdesk.
- Environmental Inventory, data collection, reporting and analysis
- Support offices in mandatory reporting, quality assurance and analysis of resource consumption, carbon emissions, accessibility levels, and operating costs.
- Monitor the Key Performance Indicators, scorecards, and progress towards environmental sustainability and inclusiveness strategy goals.
- Assist offices to use performance outcomes to prioritize implementation of environmental sustainability and inclusiveness projects.
- Monitors the energy and resource use data and assists offices in contracting services for energy and water audits.
- Assist offices to collect and disseminate success stories on greening and accessibility initiatives.
- Work planning, progress and financial monitoring
- Propose adjustments/changes, recommendations, new approaches, methods and practices on work
- plans to supervisor.
- Monitor DFAM funds allocation and disbursement for Greening and Accessibility projects.
- Global monitoring of progress and efficiencies of ongoing and completed projects to maximize results.
- UN Coherence through coordination, collaboration and engagement
- Facilitate partnership and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those of the UN agencies and private sector, to exchange information on environmental sustainability and accessibility.
- Attend meetings and contribute to the inter-organizational working groups.
- Collaborate with the country offices operations team to establish and maintain sound internal controls
- supportive of eco-efficiency endeavors.
- Engage staff and Green Teams network on sustainable behavior and awareness raising.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Education: A university degree in Sustainability, Energy, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Information Management, and/or any other relevant field of discipline, is required.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience of relevant work, at both the national or international work experience levels, in environmental inventory management, implementing and communicating greening initiatives, is required.
- Familiarity with UNICEF/UN rules, regulations, policies, and procedures is considered an asset.
- Language requirement: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is considered an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Showing 1 - 4 of 11114 jobs
Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Officer (Anti-Corruption)United NationsWienWien
Consultant-Réalisation d’une analyse situationnelle nationale sur le volontariatUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Programme Design and Development SpecialistMalaria ConsortiumLondon, United KingdomLondon, United Kingdom
Junior Data Analyst (Finance)United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA)Multiple locationsMultiple locations