The purpose of the role will be to drive Amnesty’s work towards institutions including the World Bank and IMF, in order to promote the provision of financing and debt relief that would allow countries to invest in healthcare and social protection.
With a focus on countries facing economic and climate crises, the position will lead the development and implementation of advocacy strategies, contribute to research, develop policy positions, and provide advice to country and thematic specialists across the Amnesty movement.
Please note this is a fixed-term contract of 2 years and can also be based in Washington D.C or other locations with an Amnesty office, where the relevant pay scale will be applied.
We are looking for a candidate who has extensive knowledge of International Financial Institutions, and experience in influencing their policies and practices.
The candidate will have specialist knowledge of issues relating to development and climate finance, including debt relief, and a strong understanding of how they impact the enjoyment of rights. The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate clearly in English both orally and in writing, while other languages are desirable.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of Amnesty’s advocacy strategies, policy positions and activities towards the International Financial Institutions, notably the IMF and World Bank, as well as other international or regional bodies where relevant.
- Contribute to the development and execution of research plans and reports, ensuring that research captures evidence and includes recommendations pertinent to IFIs.
- Provide advice to IS staff, volunteers and the Amnesty movement, emphasizing strategic and effective engagement on the role of IFIs.
- Monitor and analyse legal and policy developments at the IMF, World Bank and other key international bodies, as well as other relevant developments in international law.
- Work closely with civil society coalitions active in influencing the IMF and World Bank, and represent Amnesty at relevant external meetings.
Skills And Experience:
- Extensive experience of advocacy towards International Financial Institutions, particularly the World Bank and IMF, and knowledge of development and climate finance.
- An understanding of international human rights law and standards, and how they should apply to the practices of International Financial Institutions.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and develop a strategic response, including under pressure, and to plan and prioritize work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to represent Amnesty externally, including with government representatives, international organisations, NGOs and the media.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Routine Immunization OfficerBrazzaville, Republic of the CongoBrazzaville, Republic of the Congo
Occupational Health Nurse (GS-5)The Hague, NetherlandsThe Hague, Netherlands
UN·E RESPONSABLE PROGRAMME NUTRITION ET SANTEMbuji-Mayi, Democratic Republic of the CongoMbuji-Mayi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Associate, Malaria Case ManagementOuagadougou, Burkina FasoOuagadougou, Burkina Faso