The purpose of the role will be to focus on ensuring debt relief, fiscal space, and investment in health care and social protection in countries affected by the climate and debt crises.
The role will lead the development and implementation of advocacy strategies, contribute to research, develop policy positions, and provide advice to country and thematic specialists across the Amnesty movement.
We are looking for a candidate who has extensive knowledge of the policies, practices and governance of International Financial Institutions.
The candidate will have specialist knowledge of issues relating to development and climate finance, including debt relief and a strong understanding of how they impact specific issues. The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate clearly in English both orally and in writing.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of Amnesty’s advocacy strategies, policy positions and activities towards the International Financial Institutions, notably the IMF and World Bank, as well as other international or regional bodies where relevant.
- Contribute to the development and execution of research plans and reports, ensuring that research captures evidence and includes recommendations pertinent to IFIs.
- Provide advice to IS staff, volunteers and the Amnesty movement, emphasizing strategic and effective engagement on the role of IFIs.
- Monitor and analyse legal and policy developments at the IMF, World Bank and other key international bodies, as well as other relevant developments in international law.
- Contribute to the development of advocacy strategies at the national, regional and international levels to provide debt relief, and increase climate and development finance in order to ensure sufficient fiscal space to realise human rights.
Skills And Experience:
- Extensive experience of advocacy towards International Financial Institutions, particularly the World Bank and IMF, and other relevant international or regional organisations.
- An understanding of international human rights law and standards, and how they should apply to the practices of International Financial Institutions.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and develop a strategic response, including under pressure, and to plan and prioritize work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to represent Amnesty externally, including with government representatives, international organisations, NGOs and the media.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
SECRÉTAIRE MÉDICAL(E) (F/H)Appel MédicalLimoges, Haute-VienneLimoges, Haute-Vienne
Business Intelligence Analyst en alternanceOpenClassroomsParisParis
Tcnico de Proyecto ADHWorld VisionCopn Ruinas, HondurasCopn Ruinas, Honduras
Project Finance OfficerChristian AidZimbabweZimbabwe