The University of Texas at Arlington
Location: Arlington, Texas
Internal Number: 24333
To provide sign language interpreting/transliterating services for classroom, laboratory, academic related and other University of Texas at Arlington activities as assigned. All activities shall promote ensuring equal access for students and compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act Amendments Act (2008) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act in academic programs at the university. To maintain an interpreting/transliterating case load of deaf/hard of hearing students who are registered with the SAR Center, and to interact with others on campus as needed to facilitate equal communication access for deaf/hard of hearing students and provide related resources for faculty and staff.
- Provide interpreting /transliterating services.
- Maintain a regular schedule of interpreting/transliterating services for Deaf/Hard of Hearing students registered with the SAR Center.
- Accept regular or substitute disability accommodations assignments for Deaf/Hard of Hearing students as necessary.
- Assist interpreter coordinator with scheduling and dispatching interpreter assignments.
- Assist SAR Center in creating an atmosphere of cordiality and service for staff, program participants and other guests of the university.
- Preforming other duties as assigned by the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Accessibility Specialist and Director of the SAR Center.
- Provide information and referral to SAR Center for students requesting services and accommodations.
- Attend and participate in conferences, meetings, in-service training, and workshops on and off campus.
- Communicate effectively in person, by email, and in online/virtual platforms.
- Participate in Deaf/Hard of Hearing related outreach activities.
- Participate in activities, when possible, within the Division of Student Affairs.
- Provide basic office coverage of unit when needed.
- Sign language interpreter certification.
- Five (5) years of general interpreting experience.
- Strict compliance with RID/NIC/BEI Code of Professional Conduct for Interpreters.
- Flexible availability for morning/afternoon/night/weekend scheduling.
- College degree.
- Two (2) years of post-secondary interpreting experience.
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1) Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, and major.
It is the policy of The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA or The University) to provide an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, and/or veteran status. The University also prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender identity, and gender expression. Retaliation against persons who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge of discrimination, or testify for, assist in, or participate in an investigative proceeding relating to discrimination is prohibited. Constitutionally-protected expression will not be considered discrimination or harassment under this policy. It is the responsibility of all departments, employees, and students to ensure the University’s compliance with this policy.
Open Until Filled: No
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About The University of Texas at Arlington
With annual research expenditures in excess of $100M, the University of Texas at Arlington is a Carnegie Research-1 “highest research activity” institution committed to life-enhancing discovery, innovative instruction, and caring community engagement. A leading institution in the heart of the thriving North Texas region, UTA nurtures minds within an environment that values excellence, ingenuity, and diversity. With a total global enrollment of over 59,000 in AY 2018-19, UTA is one of the largest institutions in the University of Texas System. Guided by its Strategic Plan Bold Solutions nearmejobs.eu Global Impact, UTA fosters interdisciplinary research and teaching to enable the sustainable megacity of the future within four broad themes: health and the human condition, sustainable urban communities, global environmental impact, and data-driven discovery. UTA was cited by U.S. News & World Report as having the second lowest average student debt among U.S. universities in 2018. U.S. News & World Report also ranks UTA fourth in the nation for undergraduate diversity. The University is a Hispanic-Serving Institution and is ranked as the top four-year college in Texas for veterans on Military Times’ 2018 Best for Vets list.
Connections working at The University of Texas at Arlington
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.