Kansas City University
Considerations for appointment as an Assistant Professor – Clinical include significant teaching commitment, patient care, scholarly activities, service, and/or research.
The requirements for initial appointment or promotion to the rank of Assistant Professor include all of the prerequisites through Instructor, plus the inclusion of the following:
Candidates should have a Doctoral or terminal degree from an accredited institution and successfully completed professional training or acquired equivalent experience in a clinical field commensurate with their assigned duties
The Physician-Candidate must be eligible for specialty or sub-specialty board certification
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve the college through teaching, research and scholarly activity, service and patient care as assigned by Vice-Chair of Department.
- Responsible for designing and delivering innovative osteopathic-focused clinical education, to include osteopathic diagnosis, techniques, and principles throughout the undergraduate curriculum.
- Utilize best practices in a diverse mix of teaching modalities to include large group sessions, small group facilitation, procedural skills training, OMM skills training, simulation activities, and OSCE’s.
- Assess student performance of osteopathic core competencies using a wide array of assessment techniques (assessment of medical knowledge and clinical skills). Provide written and verbal feedback to students as appropriate.
- Actively pursue scientific research or other scholarly activity in efforts towards publication(s), including mentoring and collaborating with students, undergraduate OMM fellows, and peers.
- Provide service by engaging in leadership and membership capacities on university or college committees/taskforces, student advising and interviews, university ceremonies or events and on-going faculty development.
- Provide patient care as assigned by Vice-Chair of Department to maintain skills, provide educational opportunities for our students and contribute to our mission of improving the well-being of the communities we serve.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance, and advance the prestige of the University and College through advancement of its mission and vision, and advancement of your personal career.
- Maintain active licenses and board certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
- DO degree from an accredited College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Eligibility for or possession of an active and unrestricted license to practice medicine in Missouri and Kansas
- Skilled in NMM/OMM
- AOA Board Certification/Board Eligibility in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (NMM) strongly desired.
- Experience working in preclinical and/or clinical education in an academic setting teaching OMM skills to medical students through various learning and assessment methods.
- Strong background utilizing educational technologies such as learning management systems, virtual teaching, polling tools, discussion boards and assessment software.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite products.
Equal Opportunity Employer
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Annual Security Report
KCU is committed to providing a safe campus for students, faculty, and staff. Our annual campus security report lists campus crimes and statistics for the campus and public areas around campus for the last three years, in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this posting.