University of Arkansas
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter “Find Jobs” in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:
Day Shift (United States of America)
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only ):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] .
AA nearmejobs.eu Library Education & Research Srvs
Summary of Job Duties:
Research & Clinical Search Services Librarian
Non-tenured faculty: Assistant Professor to Associate Professor
UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS FOR MEDICAL SCIENCES LIBRARY
The Education and Research Services (E&RS) Department at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Library is seeking a Research & Clinical Search Services Librarian to join our team. This non-tenured faculty position reports to the Head of Education and Research Services and works in a team-oriented environment. This is an on-site, non-telework position.
E&RS faculty enjoy the variety of opportunities that arise from working in a diverse, vibrant academic environment and contributing to the mission of UAMS, which is to improve the health, health care and well-being of Arkansans and of others in the region, nation and the world by:
• Educating current and future health professionals and the public;
• Providing high-quality, innovative, patient- and family-centered health care and also providing specialty expertise not routinely available in community settings; and
• Advancing knowledge in areas of human health and disease and translating and accelerating discoveries into health improvements.
Our department offers services in support of instructional, clinical, and research activities, such as literature searching, teaching about information resources and their use, rounding with clinicians, and designing community outreach programs. A primary goal of our work is to promote awareness of information resource services to UAMS faculty and staff, whether they are at the Little Rock campus or spread across the state at the UAMS Regional Centers or the UAMS Northwest Campus.
E&RS faculty are engaged in a variety of professional activities, which include service to professional associations, contributions to the profession’s knowledge base through research, conference presentations, creation/teaching of continuing education courses or original publications. The pursuit of expertise and improvement of professional skills are encouraged for all E&RS faculty.
- ALA-accredited MLS, MLIS, MIS, or ALA-equivalent or a masters’ degree in a health profession
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in a health sciences, special, or academic library
- Demonstrated extensive proficiency with health sciences databases, resources, and literature
- Knowledge of issues, trends, and best practices of expert searching in health sciences libraries
- Experience teaching and/or making public presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work well independently, as part of a team, and as the leader of a team
- Ability to work collegially with world class clinicians and researchers in various arenas
- Five (5) years or more years of professional searching experience in a health sciences library
- Undergraduate or graduate background or significant work experience in the biological or health sciences
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based medicine issues and demonstrated experience with EBM resources
- Demonstrated experience as expert searcher for development of guidelines or systematic reviews
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate workflows, and implement projects
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development and participation in professional activities
RESEARCH & CLINICAL SEARCH SERVICES (RCSS) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts expert customized literature searches for researchers and clinicians including systematic reviews/meta-analyses.
- Triages incoming RCSS requests to E&RS faculty for literature searches.
- Trains new E&RS faculty in expert searching techniques, methodologies & departmental processes [Note – This is an intensive year-long process]
- Provides consultation services for faculty, staff and students with regard to all aspects of literature searching.
- Evaluates retrieved citations and other materials to determine closeness of fit to requestor’s recall and precision requirements, expectations, or subject domain familiarity.
- Stays current on expert searching trends, methods, techniques, and database search interfaces and features.
- Develops newsletter articles and other instructional/promotional materials about search techniques & resources.
- Develops and teaches in-service training and other workshops to support evidence-based practice initiatives, guideline development, systematic review, meta-analysis, and other advanced literature searching applications.
- Designs and runs specialized reports for research needs.
- Maintains the RCSS search log and all statistics related to the RCSS.
- Assists with any special projects related to RCSS.
E&RS FACULTY RESPONSIBILITIES
All research librarians participate in departmental and library faculty activities and act as a library liaison to an academic department and/or clinical or research units. They also contribute to departmental and library-wide strategic planning processes and serve on library and UAMS committees.
- Provides reference services which include responding to requests received via walk-ins, phone and email.
- Provides consultations regarding use of biomedical resources and library services.
- Provides technical assistance (for example – use of mobile apps)
- Identifies staff training and continuing education needs and develops, implements, and evaluates staff training
- Develops self-directed learning modules, online teaching aids and user guides.
- Participates in other departmental and library-wide projects and cross-departmental teams.
- Cooperates with other staff to achieve library goals and objectives and to provide efficient and effective services.
- Assists with developing, teaching, and evaluating classes regarding use of library and information resources, scholarly publishing and library research methodologies.
- Participates in appropriate instructional programs or conferences supporting faculty development and/or curricula.
- Serves as a resource and mentor to other librarians participating in educational activities.
- Assists in fostering partnerships between the Library and the research, educational, clinical and outreach programs at UAMS.
- Acts as Liaison to College of Pharmacy, College of Nursing, and other research-related entities as assigned.
- Participates on the Library’s Outreach Team
- Assists with outreach classes, exhibits and presentations as needed.
May perform other duties as assigned
Commensurate with education and experience
Required Documents to Apply:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae
Proof of Veteran Status
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact [email protected] for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this posting.