New York Athletic Club
Founded in 1868 and located on Central Park South in Manhattan, the New York Athletic Club is one of the world’s premier private clubs and is seeking a regular, full-time Assistant Editor & Special Projects Coordinator. The Assistant Editor/Special Projects Coordinator works in a supportive role with the Director of Communications on every element of New York Athletic Club communications. This includes, but is not limited to creating, editing, and reviewing internal and external printed NYAC communications; publication of the NYAC’s monthly magazine, The Winged Foot; ad sales, ad trafficking and billing; collaborating with our graphic designer to create internal advertisements and collateral materials; cataloging and archiving NYAC-related historical artifacts; liaising with media; and miscellaneous projects as assigned by the Director of Communications.
While working in a highly collaborative and supportive role with the Director of Communications, the Assistant Editor/Special Projects Coordinator also engages extensively with most other departments within the NYAC. As such, the Assistant Editor/Special Projects Coordinator must possess the ability to multi-task while paying attention to the smallest details, prioritizing, and staying focused on cast-iron deadlines. The position of Assistant Editor/Special Projects Coordinator calls for an individual who can work collaboratively within a team as well as independently; who is highly detail-oriented; who possesses exemplary communications skills; who can take direction; who can engage with NYAC members and staff at every level; who displays initiative; and who personifies the standards of excellence for which the NYAC is renowned. A knowledge of and passion for the traditional sports of the summer Olympic Games is a requirement.
The position requires:
– Excellent written and spoken communications skills
– Experience with Quark Xpress or InDesign, Photoshop, and MS Office Suite
– An individual who is highly detail- and deadline-oriented.
– An individual who is capable of working effectively and accurately under tight deadlines.
– An individual who is capable of maintaining exemplary standards of efficiency and accuracy while handling multiple projects.
– An individual who is a consummate team-player.
– An individual who is self-motivated with a strong work-ethic.
– An individual who is willing to accept and implement direction.
– An individual who has a knowledge of and passion for the sports of the summer Olympic Games and Olympic history.
– An individual with an appreciation of and sensibility for history and historical artifacts.
– Writing, editing, proof-reading, and designing editorial materials for The Winged Foot magazine.
– Ad sales, trafficking and billing.
– Developing and maintaining the NYAC monthly calendar.
– Managing a digital archive of photography used in The Winged Foot and elsewhere.
– Researching, organizing, and managing archival materials, including The Winged Foot and artifacts of historical significance.
– Cataloging and assisting in the conservation of books housed in the NYAC Library
– Providing assistance with design, fact-checking and proof-reading of printed collateral materials
– Providing assistance, as necessary, with the creation of posters, letters, and photo compilation for use in miscellaneous NYAC communications and collateral materials.
– Photographing and cataloging artifacts and trophies in the NYAC Hall of Fame. Researching and providing descriptions of each. Researching bios for each Hall of Fame inductee.
– Managing, supporting, and creating content relating to the NYAC’s Olympians prior to, during and after the Olympic Games. This includes, but is not limited to, content for The Winged Foot, the NYAC Olympics Team Guide, the Olympic Games Daily Bulletins, and the post-Games Olympics Report.
– Providing assistance with diverse and multifarious special projects as assigned by the Director of Communications.
Please submit a cover letter with your application. Applications received without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.21 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.