New York University
The academic associate’s primary role is to support faculty in their teaching and perform administrative tasks in the Academic Affairs office. Meanwhile, the associate will also work with offices both within and out of the Academic Affairs Department to plan and implement various academic programs as assigned.
The main responsibilities include:
- Work closely with offices within the Academic Affairs Department to design and implement workshops and other academic-related activities;
- Liaise with various campus offices to plan and execute co-curricular activities and other major academic initiatives;
- Assist with the implementing summer programs and special programs logistics as assigned;
- Respond to evolving needs within the Academic Affairs Office, taking on additional duties as needed.
Faculty Teaching Support
- Assist faculty with the procurement and dissemination of course materials, including course textbooks, copyright permissions for coursepacks, reference books, handouts, and software;
- Assist faculty with planning and arranging field trips and guest speakers;
- Assist faculty with other teaching-related logistic needs.
- Assist assigned area with course scheduling, faculty meetings and other assigned academic tasks.
- Manage daily financial administration, including transactions, collection of financial receipts and distribution of cash advances for staff within the Academic Affairs Office;
- Manage and order office supplies;
- Collect and distribute mail;
- Monitor and maintain equipment;
- Assist with Academic Affairs communications such as newsletters and emails to faculty and students as assigned;
- Improve Academic Affairs work mechanisms for team projects and develop smart tools to help manage complex work processes.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with administrative and academic-related support is preferred;
- Experience studying and working in a multicultural environment is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese;
- Excellent ability to pay attention to detail;
- Superb ability to prioritize among projects and multitask;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team;
- Strong IT skills and being passionate about system optimization;
- Open to take on new tasks.
About NYU Shanghai
NYU Shanghai is China’s first Sino-US research university and the third degree-granting campus of the NYU Global Network. We were founded in 2012 by New York University and East China Normal University with the support of the city of Shanghai and the district of Pudong. NYU Shanghai seeks to cultivate globally-minded graduates through innovative teaching, world-class research, and a commitment to public service.
NYU Shanghai is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. We are proud of its diverse and talented staff members, who work together to build and sustain this unique and pioneering institution of higher education in China.
To know more about working at NYU Shanghai, please click here to view our Staff page for more details. Thank you!
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this posting.