Vancouver Institute of Media Arts(Vanarts)
Our Admissions team is looking for a new Associate Advisor focused on India! In this role you will be responsible for the recruitment and admission of new students, promoting VanArts in support of overall enrolment objectives.
Telephone and email follow-up:
- Prompt, professional response to all prospective student queries.
- Provide information to students regarding the full range and types of media arts programs offered by VanArts, including a basic understanding of opportunities for post-graduation employment.
- Advise and assist prospective students through the admissions process including entrance requirements, language requirements, and application process. Provide detailed information on housing/financial assistance/student loans/medical/transportation, etc. to prepare students for enrolment and life at VanArts.
In-person promotion of VanArts and our programs:
- Promote, plan and host on-campus visits for prospective students, parents, or institutional partners, conducting campus tours and liaising with faculty as required to ensure successful VanArts experiences.
- Plan, coordinate and represent VanArts at recruitment events, career fairs, and other recruitment outreach opportunities.
- Plan, organize and conduct presentations and workshops, representing VanArts to groups of prospective students, high school groups, parents, guidance counselors, partners, etc.
General administrative responsibilities:
- Issue enrolment confirmations, prepare withdrawal forms and other office related correspondence.
- Create and maintain highly organized and up to date records for all prospective students.
- Apply the highest level of integrity and business ethics in the recruitment process.
- Conduct internal and/or external statistical analysis on student demographics and trends.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in student recruitment and customer service. An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities may be considered.
- Completed post-secondary degree or diploma is an asset.
- Passion for the media arts, entertainment, and creative industries is an asset.
- Familiarity with the post-secondary educational systems in B.C. and Canada including familiarity with International Education and with Citizenship & Immigration Canada policies and procedures related to international students would be an asset.
- Ability and desire to establish positive relationships with students from diverse backgrounds and work collaboratively with a variety of faculty and administrators.
- Ability to make engaging presentations to groups and individuals.
- Fluency in the English language, verbal and written.
- Fluency in Hindi and Punjabi.
- Additional languages are an asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimum of supervision and within a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to cope successfully with fluctuations in workloads and changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,) email programs, and social media.
- Energetic, friendly, positive and reliable.
- Maintain accurate information and exhibit discretion & confidentiality.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Travel required – must have active driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Our mission is to unlock the creative and career potential within each student.
Send your resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in the position to [email protected]. Please put “Associate Admissions Advisor” in the title of your email.
Date Posted: November 21, 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.