University of New Haven
Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions
The University of New Haven, founded on the Yale campus in 1920, is a private, coeducational university that has been recognized by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report for academic excellence. Located between New York City and Boston in the shoreline city of West Haven, the University is a diverse and vibrant community of nearly 7,000 students from across the globe.
Over the last decade, the University has completed more than $300 million in major capital projects while launching 26 new academic programs. The University has also added campuses in Tuscany, Italy, and Orange, Conn.
For more background on the University of New Haven please visit: www.newhaven.edu
The University of New Haven: Campus tour given by students and an overview message from Chancellor Steve Kaplan.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Associate Director of Admissions will represent the University to recruit prospective students and will be responsible for guiding prospective students through the admissions process from initial contact through the students’ enrollment at the University. In order to achieve this goal, they will be required to utilize admissions counseling skills, implement best practices in higher education enrollment management, be sensitive to student and family-service needs, and be prepared to apply relevant policies reflective of the University mission and strategic plans. This position also involves management of a recruitment territory, including traveling to programs. Strong interpersonal, organization, leadership, communication, and presentation skills are required.
· Assist in the identification, recruitment, and enrollment of prospective students from a geographic territory.
· Conduct enthusiastic on-campus and off-campus group information sessions while working special recruitment events throughout the year.
· Represent the University of New Haven at college fairs and college night programs throughout the year.
· Provide admission counseling to prospective students and be responsible for day-to-day communication with students in person, via telephone, zoom, text or email.
· Responsible for carrying out aspects of the admission and recruitment process including, but not limited to, planning and executing fall and spring recruitment travel.
· Coordinate time-sensitive application workflow and process applications, including the evaluation of candidates for admissions, utilizing university guidelines to determine admissibility of students and ensuring that accepted students receive appropriate communication.
· Specializing in recruiting, admitting, and converting potential students.
· Through individual and group interactions, counseling prospective students, parents and guidance professionals throughout the college application and selection process.
· Serve an enrollment services coordinator/ liaison for a specific college at the university or department(s). This will include working closely with other key players at the University, implementing year-round initiatives to improve recruitment techniques.
· Provide exceptional customer service during all on-campus and special off-campus events (such as Open House, Accepted Student Day, Accepted Student Receptions).
· Support direct reports in their recruitment efforts and additional responsibilities through weekly meetings, review of goals, and trainings.
· Must continue to promote the University of New Haven to all prospective students and families, alumni, industry colleagues, and community.
· Other duties as assigned and necessary in order to meet the mission of the University and the school’s enrollment goals.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred and a minimum of 3+ years of admission experience required
· Ability to represent the University of New Haven in a variety of situations and be able to competently interact with a diverse population of prospective students, faculty and staff.
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products required; CRM – Slate system experience preferred.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds is required for the travel component of the position.
· Ability and willingness to travel.
· Ability to work evening and weekends, as needed.
· High level of technical skills and an equally high level of energy.
· Must be fully vaccinated in order to be in compliance with University policies regarding travel.
· Must demonstrate a tireless commitment to enrolling and retaining a diverse student body.
University of New Haven Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Vision
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a diverse institution which celebrates, respects, and values individuals of all social identities. We believe that as members of the university community, our socio‐cultural differences ignite intellectual growth and foster a culture of understanding that embraces our ever‐changing society.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have the qualifications we are looking for and are interested in working for an institution where the experience of learning is both personal and pragmatic and one that is guided by a distinguished faculty who care deeply about individual student success, we want to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references, all of which will remain confidential, through this link: https://apply.interfolio.com/114826
If you have any issues with this submittal, please contact us.
It is mandatory that UNH employees abide by all pre-determined Covid related policies and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.