Associate Vice President, Marketing & Communications, Development and Communications
District of Columbia
United States or Remote – US
Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 900 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60-year legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion worth of medicines to local health care organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from the ground up and responded to humanitarian crises worldwide.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
The AVP, Marketing & Communications will be responsible for leading the plans for growing brand strength, awareness, and influence for Project HOPE. This role will partner with the VP, Chief Development & Communications Officer in building an annual go-to-market strategy for marketing campaigns, storytelling and content, influencer marketing, social media, and the website. She/he understands data and measurements to identify opportunities and measure brand strength and engagements. The person will create strategic marketing and communications plans to deliver results tied to the organizational strategy, goals, and metrics. A data driven, creative, inspiring, and innovative approach, She/he will look for opportunities to expand Project HOPE’s brand through influencers, thought leadership, marketing, and speaking engagements. She/he will lead a multi-disciplinary marketing communications team of creative services, storytellers, social media, content gathering and digital channels.
- Develop annual communications strategy and plan aligned with enterprise goals and organizational strategies in collaboration with multiple teams and leaders within the organization.
- Oversee and lead shared communication and go-to-market calendar to bring Project HOPE’s work to the public.
- Identify communications opportunities within emerging topics and breaking news in a fast-paced environment.
- Advise the VP, CDCO and Executive Team when strategic opportunities for building brand awareness occur.
- Develop key performance indicator scorecard and tracking, including executive summaries and board presentations.
- Partner with leaders in the organization to understand all communications needs, subject matter experts and regional team focus.
- Oversee brand stewardship, adherence, updates, and tools.
- Ensure that all media, fundraising and marketing communications meet brand standards and messaging framework.
- Support the organization and field teams with brand training and importance of brand strength.
- Lead marketing strategy for annual planning working across department needs.
- Lead the cause marketing plans in partnership with the corporate relationships team.
- Report out on performance of marketing campaigns.
- Bring forth new and strategic marketing ideas while monitoring competitor campaigns for best practices and new ideas.
- Use data and strategy when developing marketing plans
- Manage and provide day-to-day support and leadership of the marketing team responsible for creative services.
- Build corporate communications support for corporate and foundations partners/funders.
- Build out influencer marketing channel to maximize relationships with athletes, social media influencers and thought leaders.
- Oversee owned digital channel strategy including website UX/CX, content, SEO, and social media channels.
- Build a comprehensive strategy to increase engagements and conversion.
- Lead content marketing strategy, storytelling, communications cadence and trigger plans.
- Develop a monthly scorecard for measuring brand strength through earned media halo, engagements metrics and website insights.
- Lead social media manager to ensure relevant and timely topics are featured including using and testing into new mediums.
- Lead the event management functions for the organization including the Annual Gala/Event, localized events, webinar and speaking series.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in marketing, media relations or public relations
- Ten plus years of effective leadership and experience in building high-performing multi-discipline marketing and communications teams
- Must have career experience at an organizational whose budget minimum is $100M annually
- Experience working to maximize lean resources
- Strong presenter, compelling speaker, adept influencer, consensus-builder, and excellent communicator
- Proven expertise in developing communications strategies to drive brand relevance, differentiation, understanding and engagement
- Expertise in building strategy, budget, and measurements for success
- Can absorb complex information and translate it to relatable and clear materials
- Experience in crisis and emergency communications
- Effective management in multi-tasking, leading multiple projects at once, working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and ability to work under pressure
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities in professionalism, team mentorship, organizational effectiveness, process improvements and building a high-performing team
- Advertising agency experience
- NGO, Humanitarian or Emergency response organization experience
- Experienced in agency request for proposals, relationship management and vendor management
- Experience working with C-level, Board of Directors and Executive teams
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate in verbal and written form and must be able to travel internationally.
- Project HOPE employees may be required to travel or work in countries where working conditions are classified as “hardship.”
- Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
- Emergency deployments may be in resource-deprived environments with austere living conditions.
- Travel for extended periods may be by air and/or other modes of transportation.
- While international travel is not a regular part of every job, programmatic needs may require it intermittently.
- Project HOPE employees may be required to travel or work in countries where working conditions are classified as “hardship
Salary range starting at $160,000 USD per year. Compensation for the role is dependent on several factors including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience. Project HOPE offers comprehensive benefits as part of the total compensation package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, 403(b), paid leave, and much more. For more information about our benefits please visit our benefits page.
Due to the substantial number of inquiries, we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be considered. No phone calls please.
However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.