Sandia National Laboratories
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
NNSA Requirements for MedPEDs
If you have a Medical Portable Electronic Device (MedPED), such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, drug-releasing pump, hearing aids, or diagnostic equipment and other equipment for measuring, monitoring, and recording body functions such as heartbeat and brain waves, if employed by Sandia National Laboratories you may be required to comply with NNSA security requirements for MedPEDs.
If you have a MedPED and you are selected for an on-site interview at Sandia National Laboratories, there may be additional steps necessary to ensure compliance with NNSA security requirements prior to the interview date.
$99,700 – $166,800
- Salary range is estimated, and actual salary will be determined after consideration of the selected candidate’s experience and qualifications, and application of any approved geographic salary differential.
What Your Job Will Be Like
Organization 03510, Benefits, is currently seeking a Distinguished level Benefits Analyst to join their team!
The selected will support, assist, and/or lead development of benefit strategies, innovative program designs, solutions to significant and complex policy, and addressing challenges and issues aligned with HR and Lab-wide initiatives in partnership with the Benefits Senior Manager to include areas such as Sandia sponsored health and welfare plans, paid and unpaid time off programs, and retirement & savings.
The level of expertise requested for this position will have candidates conducting deep research, innovative trends, and benchmarking of leading industry benefit programs/practices, plan design, and policy that will create a competitive edge and align with Lab wide goal of attracting and retention exceptional talent.
On any given day, one may be called upon to:
- Use existing data sources from specific benefit programs and apply strong analytical skills that will support benefit designs and/or new programs; translates data to insight and then action
- Develop compelling business cases (benchmarking, cost, benefit valuation, data analyses, and other prime contract requirements etc.), white papers, and/or presentations used for decision making at all levels including executives and the DOE
- Develop measures, metrics, and reports to determine effectives of benefit programs
- Liaison for Labor Relations & Benefits senior manager
- Effectively communicates complex messages through email, PowerPoint presentations, whitepapers, and other methods
- Support Division initiatives as assigned
- Effectively collaborates with other HR and mission organizations as necessary to obtain input and feedback; influences positive change
- Act as an authority & corporate resource in the Benefits organization and within the HR Division
- Serve in a consultative role by negotiating and solving complex issues pertaining to policies, plans, long range Benefits/HR goals and objectives
Qualifications We Require
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, plus 12 years benefit experience; or equivalent experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of the job
- The ability to acquire and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- A Master’s degree in HR and/or a strategic development field
- Deep knowledge of benefits design and strategy
- Certification in CEBS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive skills in strategy and benefit program design
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate and influence at all levels of groups
- Expert knowledge of benefit policies and practices; research and financial analyses
- The ability to prepare and present reports, business cases, and presentations
- Expert experience in Power Point, Excel, and other Microsoft applications
- The ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in project management skills
- A solid understanding of benefits compliance at all levels (city, state, federal) such as ERISA, DOL, HIPAA, ACA as well as DOE related requirement including prime contract, FARs, and DEARs prime contract requirements
About Our Team
The Benefits department designs, implements, administers, communicates, and ensures compliance for all Lab-wide programs such as:
Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, ACA, COBRA, multimillion benefits fringe budget, annual open enrollment, DOE prime contract deliverables, time off programs (sick, long -term disability, extended leaves of absence, holiday, vacation, vacation sell/buy), life insurance, QDRO, retiree medical/administration pension and 401k design and administration, and other related programs and or policies. Additionally, our department supports labor bargaining and other division and lab-wide initiatives. The department manages approximately 30 vendor contracts to support a competitive set of plans and programs. Our mission is to ensure our benefits are competitive and innovative to attract and retain a talented workforce.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
- These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.