Horizon Media|Horizon Media
Budget Coordinator Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Budget Coordinator in our company, Horizon Media. This vacancy is based in Toronto Ontario Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Budget Coordinator Job
Company: Horizon Media
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Toronto Ontario Canada
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-09
Posted on: nearmejobs.eu
Who We Are
Horizon Media, founded in 1989 by Bill Koenigsberg, is recognized as one of the most innovative marketing and advertising firms. We are headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and Toronto. A leader in driving business solutions for marketers, Horizon is known for its highly personal approach to client service. Renowned for its incredible culture, Horizon is consistently named to all the prestigious annual Best Places to Work lists published by Fortune, AdAge, Crain’s New York Business and Los Angeles Business Journal. Together we are building a place of belonging.
At Horizon, we understand the value that different perspectives can bring to our clients and culture, so we strive for an environment where our employees feel welcomed, safe and empowered. We value YOU and believe that your authentic voice and unique perspective allows us to create a more rewarding culture, and experience, together.
Our simple recipe for success? We hire talented people (thinkers, doers, dreamers, makers), challenge them and give them every opportunity to grow.
What You’ll Do
The Budget Coordinator is responsible for managing and reporting on the financial cashflow process from client authorization, purchase, billed through to tracking reconciliation status.
The Budget Coordinator will collaborate with Investment & Activation as well as the Business Solutions Teams to prepare Media Purchase Authorizations (MPAs), ensure/identify media activity has been approved by client and then follow the client’s buy through the billing process, Purchased/Billed/Unbilled.
The ideal candidate stands out for their passion for numbers, sense of judgment and analytical mind, proactivity, ability to communicate and positive attitude. This person can work independently and is results oriented. The Budget Coordinator cares about detail while not losing sight of the big picture.
- Work with Business Solutions and Activation teams to prepare MPAs
- Maintain accurate billing for all client assignments
- Maintain calendar of assigned client responsibilities
- Understand media flowcharts and authorizations for the latest budget shifts
- Proactively clarify any budget variances with Business Solutions and/or Investment & Activation Team
- Manage and support internal and client budget reporting deliverables inclusive of client Budget Control Report (BCR)
- Manage various systems used for planning and buying (e.g., AdTraq) to pull and review relevant reports (financial summaries, client activity reports, insertion order summaries etc.) to identify all media activity has been accounted for; follow up with relevant teams
- Verify draft billing and liaise with Shared Services Finance Team regarding any necessary revisions
- Issue draft billing or reports (and client backup if necessary) in a timely fashion
- Prepare and deliver client billing packages in collaboration with Shared Services Finance Team
- Populate client specific financial templates
- Facilitate communication between Investment & Activation, Business Solutions, and the Shared Services Finance Team to ensure timely reconciliation in compliance with Horizon policies and contractual obligations
- Follow up with client(s) on invoice payment status
- Additional duties as required based on team/client needs
Who You Are
- Possess a desire to learn and be challenged
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects and adhering to deadlines
- Strong time management skills and ability to switch focus as necessary
- Self-confident and proactive in building relationships internally and externally
- Solid communication skills and ability to work with all members of the organization and all levels of management
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of computer systems (AdTraq an asset but will train)
- Interest in the media industry is a strong plus, though prior experience is not a necessity
- Detailed oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly
- Bilingual (English / French is an asset, but not a necessity)
- Investment & Activation Team
- Business Solutions Team
- Media Support Coordinators
- Shared Services Finance Team
- Client AP departments
- External Business Associates
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Physical Activity and Work Environment
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://nearmejobs.eu/report-job/
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.