United Nations Office for Project Services
Under the supervision of the Head of section and the project manager, enhance and support the implementation of carbon market- related projects and the candidate is expected to work under minimal supervision on a varied portfolio of activities, including project management support, collaboration with partners, quantitative and qualitative analysis, presentation of analytical results using digital tools and web-based platforms as well as collaboration with relevant colleagues across the UNEP-CCC sections.
Specific areas of work for the Carbon Market Programme Officer include:
- Work on the analysis and capacity building support for the implementation of Article 6 cooperative approaches in emerging markets and developing countries.
- Support the work of the ID section, including the development and management of institutional frameworks and databases for carbon market implementation, integrated assessment of mitigation policies and actions with long-term mitigation strategies for net zero emissions to achieve the global goals of the Paris Agreement and the 2030 Agenda Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Enhance and support to implement the GHG and SDG impact assessment of mitigation activities for trading in ITMOs using digital tools and approaches for monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV).
- As part of the above work also be responsible for project management and coordination support, allocation of budget resources within the assigned projects and for regularly monitoring and assessing performance against KPIs and project milestones. In addition, it is expected that the Carbon Market Programme Officers contributes to the visibility and communication of UNEP-CCC’s activities and outcomes publicly. They will contribute to analytical work, resulting in both peer-reviewed publications and reports, perspectives, and policy briefings.
The process will be based on performance evaluation including the following:
- Successful completion of project management tasks that will be assigned to the staff, including timely submission of corresponding deliverables
- Successful and timely maintenance of the project website and online knowledge-sharing platform
- Level of contribution to the strategic discussions and common tasks as part of the ID section
- The candidates should possess at least a master’s degree or equivalent work experience in Natural or Computer Science / Engineering / Business / Policy / Economics / Social Science with a thesis and/or work experience related to carbon markets. A first level university degree (bachelor or equivalent) with two (2) additional years of professional experience will be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least two years experience working in the field of carbon market or related areas
- Knowledge of working in areas such as climate change mitigation
- Programming skills (e.g., excel, python, R, etc.)
- Data analysis skills (e.g. Excel, Tableau, digital tools)
- Project management and coordination skills
- Sustainable development and/or transformational impact assessment methodologies
- Institutional analysis
- Experience working in an international agency or organization.
- Knowledge of international climate governance, related to the Paris Agreement Articles 6 and 13 is an advantage.
- Knowledge of working with emerging markets and developing countries
- The working language at UNEP-CCC is English. Therefore, fluency in English is required, with an emphasis on both speaking and writing skills.
- Fluency in one or more other languages, in particular French and Spanish are an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Programme and Administrative AssistantInternational Labour OrganizationVientiane, LaosVientiane, Laos
Area Manager Western UkraineWorld Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)UkraineUkraine
Policy Officer – LNG Expert (AD7)European Union Agency for the Cooperation of Energy RegulatorsSloveniaSlovenia
Service Support Worker – Emergency DepartmentBritish Red CrossUnited Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern IrelandUnited Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland