International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The mission of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933, the IRC has a presence in over 40 countries and 27 offices in the United States; the IRC leads the way from harm to home. Domestically, our offices across the U.S. ensure new arrivals have food, shelter, and clothing and work with refugees to help them gain self-sufficiency.
Job Overview: The Case Aide directly supports the resettlement team to facilitate the resettlement of newly arrived refugees. Assisting the resettlement team in providing core services such as purchasing household supplies and furniture, household set-up, orientation, purchasing supplies, transportation, airport pick-ups, and related activities supporting the client resettlement process and supporting the resettlement team’s efforts to link clients with appropriate educational, health, and social services and assisting with the timely completion of client records, documentation, and case files and providing language assistance (interpreting) when requested, if appropriate and other duties as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out timely pre- and post-arrival tasks to ensure each client has living essentials such as housing, food, medical care, and access to transportation and is oriented to their new environment.
- Support efforts to link clients with appropriate educational, health, and social services. Assist clients in attaining their goals, addressing challenges, and utilizing available resources.
- Detail client interactions by program requirements. Input client information in the database(s) and assist with tracking and reporting as needed.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
- Use personal, insured vehicles to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- Arrange logistics of home set-ups for new arrivals.
- Liaise with community donors and caseworkers/volunteers to procure donations for R&P clients.
- Coordinate with US Tie, clients, caseworkers, and community engagement team to deliver available donations to R&P clients.
- Keep inventory of available donation stock.
- Collect appropriate documentation for donation delivery, including signed in-kind donation records.
- Input inventory and distributed donations for R&P clients into Integra, ensuring we comply with Donor reporting requirements.
- May provide interpretation services.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to Casework Supervisor
Other Internal and external contacts:
*Internal:***IRC Employees, interns, volunteers
Education: Associate’s or Undergraduate degree preferred.
Work Experience: Prior experience providing Casework services is strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Demonstrated success in achieving goals and communicating cross-culturally. Demonstrated ability, willingness, and confidence in interpreting one-on-one, group, and large classroom settings if needed. Must be a team player, detail-oriented, patient, professional, and reliable. Must exhibit professionalism across communication methods: calls, texts, emails, and in-person. Must be responsive to requests and feedback. Flexible, on-call schedule, including occasional weekend and evening availability
Language Skills: Fluency in both written and spoken English and at least one of the following languages: Dari/Farsi, Pashto/Russian, and Arabic
Certificates or Licenses: Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area**.**
- A combination of the standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above-outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and evening work.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on nearmejobs.eu
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.