International Rescue Committee
Requisition ID: req45066
Job Title: Case Aide
Sector: Social Work
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: USD 20.20 – 23.11 Hourly
Location: El Cajon CA, USA
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Job Overview: The Case Aide provides trauma-informed services to refugees and other qualified immigrants to support a positive resettlement experience and the achievement of client self-sufficiency. The Case Aide carries out activities to meet individual client needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources in accordance with client eligibility and program requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out timely pre- and post-arrival tasks to ensure each client has living essentials such as housing, food, medical care, and access to transportation, and is oriented to their new environment.
- Support efforts to link clients with appropriate educational, health, and social services. Assist clients to attain their established goals, address challenges, and utilize available resources to reach self-sufficiency.
- Document client interactions in accordance with program requirements. Input client information in database(s) and assist with tracking and reporting as needed.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
- Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May provide interpretation services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma required; bachelors degree in social work or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in Dari, Pashto, or Arabic desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid drivers license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- Office hours are scheduled as Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm; some evening and weekend events required.
- Standard, professional office environment, including the current hybrid mode of remote work within San Diego County and required in-office days and some ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above-outlined responsibilities. Office working environment is subject to change based on organization/business needs.
- Regular travel to off-site locations is required.
- This position will work both from the IRC office in El Cajon.
- Must have a valid drivers license with legally required insurance as position may require using own transportation within the service delivery area. Mileage reimbursement is available.
- Access to a reliable vehicle to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.