University of Miami
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
Shift: Full -Time – Days, evenings, nights (depending on availability)
Work Location: University of Miami Hospital – Diagnostics Radiology
Ultrasound Services / Imaging Services
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Assembles, completes, and processes patients’ charts.
- Keeps patient records accurately identified.
- Maintains an accurate clinical record, recording information per hospital policy.
- Transcribes doctors’ orders, checks charts for incomplete histories and operative summaries, and reports any issues to appropriate member of the healthcare team for correction.
- Orders unit supplies to maintain inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Assists with receiving, distributing, and sorting supplies brought to the unit.
- Obtains laboratory and x-ray reports and notifies doctors of results.
- Utilizes IDX RIS/PACS to track patient arrival times and advises front desk personnel of patient delays to maintain daily schedule.
- Greets patients upon arrival and verifies patient information.
- Directs patient to the dressing room and ensures patient changes into a gown and removes all metal items from their person.
- Assists in copying completed patient paperwork, delivering originals to front desk, and distributing copies to appropriate reading rooms.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 6 months of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida’s only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We’re the challenge you’ve been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza (“the flu”) season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.