Oregon Health & Science University
The Department of Emergency Medicine at OHSU is home to over 150 faculty, adjunct faculty, and clinical associates under the direction of Mary Tanski, M.D., M.B.A., associate professor and Department Chair. Our provider’s staff at OHSU’s Level 1 Trauma Center and Doernbecher Pediatric ED as well as our three community Emergency Departments (Hillsboro Medical Center, Adventist Health Portland, and Columbia Memorial Hospital), three ED Observation Units, the Immediate Care Virtual Visits Program, and the Oregon Poison Center. The Department of Emergency Medicine at OHSU has always been highly ranked in NIH Funded Research and is home to the Center for Policy and Research in Emergency Medicine (CPR-EM). Our residency program currently trains 33 residents and offers a diverse training environment through partnerships at several area hospitals. OHSU offers EM specialty training in the form of select fellowships in: Research, Education, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Administration, EMS, Toxicology, and Ultrasound . We are proud to serve OHSU’s mission of Healing, Teaching, and Discovery.
Function/Duties of Position
Staffing the Hillsboro Medical Center Emergency Department as assigned by the Chair; participating in Emergency Department quality assurance activities; and provision of on-line medical consultation.
- MD or equivalent; Emergency Medicine Residency Certificate
- Knowledge, training and experience in clinical and academic Emergency Medicine
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to satisfy standards of performance delineated by law
- Ability to manage heavy workload with multiple priorities and inflexible deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in the use of computing hardware and software, including personal computing equipment, electronic medical record, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Regular and consistent attendance at work
Registrations, Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification required; ABEM or ABOEM Board certified or board eligible
- A qualified candidate must have a current unlimited Oregon MD (or equivalent) license prior to start date. The provider must complete the credentialing process and be approved by the OHSU Professional Board to practice as an independent practitioner in an acute care/emergency setting. The provider must be registered with Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and be authorized to prescribe medications prior to start date.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or [email protected].
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.