Greens at Weaverville
The Greens at Weaverville is located in Weaverville NC, is seeking Temporary Nurse Aide (TNA). The TNAs are assistants to the CNAs. In addition, they can also function as homemaker when needed. They provide direct and indirect care to residents under the supervision of a nurse and perform other duties assigned by nurses and other clinical and administrative leadership. The TNAs collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to maximize the quality of life for the residents. They are responsible for performing a variety functions as assigned and are expected to adhere to the provisions in the employee handbook. We will place you thru the C.N.A program onsite and train you in classroom setting. (paid traing)
Standards and Responsibilities:
Indirect Resident Care Duties of TNA (Temporary Nurse Aide)
- Performs duties of homemaker when needed
- Answers call light in a timely manner
- Places all belongings within patients reach (call light, pitcher, glasses, remote, etc.)
- Serves and collect meal trays, assists during meals, sanitizes/cleans tables after meals
- Assists residents in communication involving technology (Zoom, Face time, others)
- Assists with monitoring residents in common area to maintain safety, providing 1:1 supervision as needed
- Assists residents in admission and discharge including inventory of belongings
- Gathers supplies needed for provision of care
- Makes unoccupied beds
- Assists residents in activity engagement of their choice and interest
- Assists in assigned housekeeping tasks
- Performs other indirect care duties normally assigned to CNAs and homemakers as directed.
Direct Resident Care Duties of TNA (Temporary Nurse Aide)
- Primarily performs selected CNA tasks after training
Note: TNA (Training Nurse Aide) will perform the following tasks below during Covid-19 pandemic, and after the facility determines necessity to continue further with tasks
- Assist residents who are not on aspiration or swallowing risks during meals
- Performs incontinent care in bed to residents who are able to move in bed
- Makes occupied bed
- Provides full or partial bed bath
- Assists residents in dressing and personal hygiene
- Assists CNAs during provision of with residents requiring 2-staff assistance except in mechanical transfer
- Assists in getting weights
- Performs all other CNA tasks after training
- Performs other direct care duties normally assigned to CNAs, with training, as directed
- Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Responsible for using personal protective equipment as necessary Performs other duties as assigned;
- Ability to respect and communicate effectively with co-workers and managers;
- Strictly adheres to resident’s confidentiality, resident rights and abuse prohibition
- Adheres to facility’s safety regulations and infection control policies and procedures when performing tasks;
- Mandatory reporter of actual and suspected abuse and knowledgeable of facility mandatory reporting practices regarding any suspected cases of abuse, mistreatment, or neglect;
- Maintains safe conditions by monitoring environment for spills, wet floors, needed repairs, lighting, obstacles, etc. and uses safe techniques in all work duties.
This position demands good mental and physical health including able to lift more than 25 pounds, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and work a flexible schedule, and must be able to move continuously during work hours.
She/he may be required to perform tasks, which involve exposure to visible blood contamination or reasonably anticipated blood contamination. The TNA must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of infectious bodily secretions or materials in accordance with the OSHA and CDC Standards.
High school education, preferred
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English
This is not an all-inclusive job and other duties may be assigned by the licensed nurse, as indicated. I agree to abide by this and understand that I have to follow the policies and procedures of this facility. I understand that I am a mandatory of actual and suspected abuse.
Job Type: Full-time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.