1. Introduction & Background
FCA Jordan Office (JOCO) is looking for a Communication Consultancy service under/as part of COOL-YA
project during 3 months for the targeted locations in Jordan Valley, Irbid and Mafraq governorates.
1.1 Background info on FCA
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s largest international aid organization with more than 70 years of
experience. We specialize in the world’s most fragile contexts and work with the most vulnerable people,
regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions.
1.2 Background info on FCA Jordan Country Office
Starting 2022, FCA is planning to implement the COOL-YA projects which seeks to attract more youth to
the agriculture sector by making it more appealing and interesting for the young people through bringing
elements that excite young people – technology, innovation, entrepreneurship, startups, IT and
mentorship. The project will investigate ways on how young people can be involved in agro business and
bring in new blood to this very traditional sector which is considered less prestigious for young people. To
tackle these issues the project will support young farmers and cooperatives with infrastructure and
equipment as well as with training (including TVET, entrepreneurship, foundational skills, new pre- and
post-harvest techniques etc.) and hands-on technical support. The project will support cooperatives and
agro businesses in order to increase their productivity and create new job opportunities for youth. The
project pays special attention to innovation and integrating technology and IT solutions through
supporting innovative thinking among students, supporting IT startups, as well as running an online
platform that supports direct connection/sales between farmers and consumers. Given extremely low
participation of women in the agricultural sector and poor working conditions the project will
systematically work on reducing barriers for women to join the sector; at the same time, seek to promote
a decent job agenda in agriculture to improve working conditions and ensure rights of the workers.
The project is funded by the Ministry of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and strongly rooted locally with
JEPA, JAEA and JUST.
Through various interventions, the project will reach over 750 beneficiaries and farm holders, engaging
additionally 1750 youth in trainings and directly creating job opportunities for around 500 young women
2. Main Objective
Under the direct supervision of Livelihood Program Manager, and in close collaboration with the COOLYA
team, the Communications Officer (CO) is responsible for support the implementation of the projects’
communication plan. the CO must have a passion for raising the voices of vulnerable communities living
3. Responsibility and Tasks
The CO will be responsible for fulfilling the objective of the assignment according to the following:
- Press Brief on DYIA ceremony to be shared with Petra agency, partners, Facebook page and internally
- Design invitation card (virtual) for DYIA ceremony
- Design the banner for DYIA
- Design a banner cheque for 6 DYIA winners
- Conduct a short video about supporting a startup led by youth (gig platform)
- Record and produce videos with three participants each in the on-job training at different companies
with subtitle in English.
- Record and produce 12 videos with supported MSEs at Mafraq and Irbid
- Press Brief on Job fair at JUST
- Draft Success stories for 12 MSEs at Mafraq and Irbid
- Design Roll up for DYIA final event
- Shield design for the universitas participated in DYIA award
- Design a photoshoot frame for DYIA ceremony
- Design a Facebook announcement photo for the startup support and (Training of Trainers) training
- Record and produced 5 short videos- 3 OJT and 2 Internship trainees
- Media coverage for the Capacity building training courses by ( JAEA), and interview the beneficiaries
- Media coverage for the distribution of the agricultural tools for the beneficiaries
4. Deliverables and payments
According to the workplan agreed with FCA, the consultant will be paid 30% for two months each and 40% for
the final deliverables at month 3.
5. Assignment field location
Irbid and Mafraq
6. Transport & Logistics
FCA will not reimburse the transportation costs to visited destinations but provide a suitable and safe
means of transportation via FCA fleet.
Required Document for Submission
- Financial offer
- Three success stories within humanitarian/ development context from previous work
- Two video samples of capturing success from previous work.
8. Education, Knowledge and Experience
➢ High Diploma or higher degree in Journalism, Media, Communication, or any related field with at least 3 years of
relevant experience, and general organizational communication.
➢ Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Powerpoint, etc.).
➢ Experience in design and the usage of Adobe CC software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier…
➢ Proven experience in videography including all related production skills.
➢ Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of media stakeholders.
➢ High skills in capturing beneficiaries’ success within humanitarian development context
➢ Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is required.
How to apply
• Deadline for submission of offers is 28th May, 2023, 09:00 AM, Amman time zone.
• Candidates must submit the requirements to [email protected]
• Candidates must put < Communication Consultant > in the subject line of their emails when
submitting their offers.
Terms of contract
• Confidentiality – Highlight any confidentiality concern
• During the assignment, the consultant does not represent FCA and has no mandate to
negotiate, make commitments or agree on behalf of FCA.
• The consultant shall use own computer and any other equipment required for the works.
• By submitting an offer, the candidate/consultant/service provider confirms to abide by FCA Code of Conduct,
Safeguarding policy, Data-Protection Agreement and consent for screening
• The ownership and copyright(s) of any produced material will remain with FCA.
• All information gathered from FCA, partners and beneficiaries must remain confidential and not
shared with any party without FCA written consent.
The Consultant is responsible for payment of all social costs, other employment related costs and insurance
contributions and for all other liabilities of a statutory nature.