Alberta Pensions Services Corporation (APS)
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent Included
Location: Edmonton Area
Salary Range: $83,060.00 – $100,201.00
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate found
You’ve done a bit of everything in the communications world
and you’re ready to take it to the next level.
That’s why we need you.
What you’re passionate about
A seasoned communications professional, you’ve dabbled in a bit of everything in the communications world. Communication strategies and rollout, writing and editing for a variety of audiences and mediums, coordinating and facilitating…chances are you’ve done it. You’re a collaborator. You see the big picture and thrive in situations where you can bring people together, help establish a common goal, and keep everyone focused on the target. You are a team player, but you’re also a team builder and you recognize that most successes are a result of a solid and skilled team working together.
A typical day for the Communications Advisor
The Communications Advisor works with a large degree of independence to consult with clients and internal stakeholders about their communication needs, prioritize and plan projects, and coordinate work with the members of the Corporate Communications team.
- Provides strategic communications counsel, consultation and support for clients’ and internal stakeholders communications objectives.
- Develops and implements communications plans and tactics.
- Plans, coordinates, writes and edits effective content for web, presentations, handbooks, reports and other publications.
- Ensures all materials are written in plain language and appropriate to audience and medium.
- Ensures content is accurate, grammatically correct and free of errors.
- Leads, facilitates and supports consultation with clients as needed.
- Works with subject matter experts to ensure the content of communications products is accurate.
- Manages work within strategy, timelines and budget.
- Serves as coordinator and lead on communications projects and assignments within the Corporate Communications team and across different business units within APS.
- Provides design and production advice.
- Identifies and monitors emerging issues that affect APS, clients and their members.
- Looks for opportunities to share information across organization to enhance communications.
What you bring
- University degree or college diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or related discipline with five years of directly related experience in the marketing or communications fields; or
- Certificate and five to nine years of directly related experience; or
- 10 years of directly related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of communications planning processes.
- Thorough knowledge of communications channels, tools, tactics and best practices.
- Knowledge of Canadian Press style guidelines.
- Understanding of graphic design and print production processes.
- Knowledge of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) legislation, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the pension and/or financial industry.
Why choose APS
APS is made up of hard-working, respectful and talented people who understand and invite diversity to the workplace. We take pride in holding ourselves accountable and continuing to meet or exceed service levels for plan members, pensioners and employers. We ensure they receive quality services because they—along with our people—are the reason we endure and succeed.
And it sure feels good helping hard-working Albertans receive their well-deserved pensions.
What APS has to offer
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Flexible work arrangements that make sense to you: work from home, compressed work weeks and more
- Community-minded workplace with a friendly team environment
- Vacation starting at 15 days per year, 13 statutory holidays, personal days, plus office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Competitive benefit package featuring extended health and dental benefits and a 100% employer-paid flexible spending account
- In-house training programs, extensive career development and coaching program, access to LinkedIn Learning tracks
- Discount programs through various partner agencies
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.