SALT LAKE CITY CORP
Communications & Policy Analyst – Hourly
Under the general administrative direction of the Salt Lake City Council through the Deputy Executive Director and the Executive Director, provides highly responsible clerical, receptionist and administrative support to the Office of the City Council, which includes elected City Council Members and the professional Council staff. Under the direction of the Deputy Executive Director, performs a wide variety of administrative office support and clerical functions which require considerable independent judgment and discretion in handling highly sensitive, confidential information.
- Provides a variety of staff duties to assist with the day-to-day operations of the City Council Office. Is primarily responsible for answering telephones and greeting walk-in customers in the City Council Office. Responds to citizen inquiries for information regarding the City Council’s and the City’s policies, procedures, and actions. Handles or determines the appropriate staff member to handle citizen requests for service. Enters requests for service into the City’s computerized request for service complaint tracking system as necessary. Assists the Administrative liaison with inventorying, ordering, and maintaining supplies to meet the needs of the Office. Maintains an inventory of fixed assets for the City Council Office. Maintains small purchase checks for the City Council Office by keeping checks in a secure location and maintaining a small purchase check log. Composes and types and variety of correspondence, memoranda, reports, forms, and other documents; many of which may be highly sensitive and confidential. Transcribes minutes, information, instructions, and correspondence from recorded tapes. Primarily responsible for routing and tracking incoming and outgoing correspondence. Collects and processes all outbox materials for Council staff members.
- Primarily responsible for maintaining the Council Office filing systems in appropriate working order. Maintains the Council Office copies of the Police Department Policies & Procedures Manual and the City’s Ordinance book. Maintains data, resources, and other materials in an organized filing system from which items can be easily retrieved to meet the informational needs of the Council Office, other City agencies, and the public. Develops and maintains a variety of mailing lists as requested by Council Members or Council staff. Maintains an accurate list of Council Member and staff information, including home addresses and telephone numbers. Maintains a list for Council Members conducting Council meetings. Scans electronic and/or hard copies of the daily editions of the Deseret News & Salt Lake Tribune for articles that relate to Salt Lake City or may be of interest to Council Members and staff. Primarily responsible for photocopying and distributing copies of the Deseret News & Salt Lake Tribune articles to Council Members and staff. Maintains all City Council mailing lists and organizes mass mailings.
- Maintains several complex schedules relating to the Council Office. Primarily responsible for maintaining a master schedule of staff and Council Member commitments. Maintains the schedule for room 325 in the City & County Building. Schedules a variety of meetings and events at the request of Council Members and staff. Primarily responsible for ensuring that all Council meetings are catered and responsible for providing meals as requested for other Council Member or staff meetings in keeping with Council policy. Makes travel arrangements for Council Members and staff.
- Assists the Administrative Liaison with the Council Office agenda preparation process. When preparing the agenda, ensures compliance with the Utah Open Meetings Act and ensures timely posting of agendas and accuracy of agenda items and support materials. Provides administrative paperwork to the appropriate Council staff member for review receiving materials from the Administration. Assists with assembling and distributing Council and Committee of the Whole meeting agendas and information packets.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Deputy Executive Director or the Council Executive Director. Develops and maintains ongoing working relationships with Salt Lake County officials. Assists as necessary with the City’s lobbying efforts. Participates with Council staff in preparing the bi-annual induction ceremony for elected officials and the annual legislative reception.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.