Food and Agriculture Organization
The Communication Specialist will be required to generate content from technical programmes, policies and program/projects reports and news report to enhance the visibility of FAO’s work among Member States and the UN system. The incumbent will need to ensure coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs. Furthermore, the incumbent will be required to provide technical advice in the design and implementation of communication and outreach products.
- Draft original content, news stories and event webpages when needed.
- Update the FAOLON website and ensure it adequately reflects the priorities of FAOLON and FAO HQ, in line with the FAO MTP 2022-2025 and PWB 2024-2025.
- Prepare monthly FAO in New York newsletter.
- Draft and schedule original content, including posts and videos, for the @FAONewYork X account to ensure daily posts and provide monthly engagement reports with key performance indicators.
- Support and/or implement web and social media communication activities for events and international observances LON organizes and/or supports, including drafting webstories and creating event webpages.
- Design save the dates, programmes and other communication products, including videos, as needed
- Draft and collate inputs for speeches and other similar products to be delivered by LON Director and/or in behalf of LON.
- Support preparation of communication material and presentations supporting LON Liaison Office’s engagement with external and internal partners.
- Support other communication, outreach and advocacy-related activities of the FAO Liaison Office in New York, as needed.
- Support liaison with the Office of Communication (OCC), either directly or through an agreed focal point/coordinator, to ensure compliance with OCC standards, appropriate review and clearance processes.
- Ensure that all communication materials will follow FAO clearance processes and comply with FAO standards:
- Work in constant contact with the Publishing Group at FAO and ensure that all corporate publishing standards are adhered to in publications and documents.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- Advanced university degree in communication, social science, journalism, political science or a field related to the work of the Organization.
- Category C requires a minimum of 1 year or relevant experience, while category B necessitates a minimum of 5 years of experience in development and/or emergency/rehabilitation contexts; including work experience in FAO and/or the UN System, and in more than one location or area of work. Candidates will be assessed based on their eligibility for each category.
- Working knowledge of English and at least limited knowledge of another official language of the Organization for COF.REG (Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian). For PSA.SBS, working knowledge of English will be sufficient.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Showing 1 - 4 of 15049 jobs
National Consultancy: Two Zonal Nutrition Field Monitors (Open to Malawian Nationals Only)United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)Lilongwe, MalawiLilongwe, Malawi
Immunization Officer, NO-B, Temporary Appointment, New Delhi, India, South Asia Region (SAR), Post Number 118929United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)New Delhi, IndiaNew Delhi, India
Contrôleur Financier – GB/DE Full remote- H/F- CDI – Région Rhône-AlpesAditoAuvergne-Rhône-AlpesAuvergne-Rhône-Alpes
Local Consultant to develop English TranslationsUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere