Puget Sound Energy
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE’s Compensation & Benefits team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Compensation Analyst position!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
Puget Sound Energy’s Human Resources Department is looking for a Compensation Analyst to join our team. It is truly an exciting time to join PSE’s Human Resources Department! We are expanding the Compensation Team to better support the organization and adding this role to administer the company’s compensation programs, which includes the base salary structure, job evaluations, incentive plans and executive compensation.
Under the direction of the Senior Compensation Analysts and Compensation Manager this role conducts analyses of jobs, hourly wages, salaries, and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity, and external competitiveness. Makes recommendations regarding salary grades based on market data for specific jobs. In partnership with the HRIS team, this role assists in the administration of annual merit and incentive programs. Reviews salary increases for compliance with company policy. Participates in and conducts salary surveys.
- Carries out broad analysis assignments involving the installation and administration of compensation.
- Researches and analyzes wage/salaried jobs and prepares standardized job descriptions.
- Evaluates job worth using standard job evaluation techniques; recommends grades and pay ranges.
- Assists in administering annual merit and incentive programs.
- Develops & maintains knowledge of SuccessFactors compensation module and compensation related data on the SAP system.
- Assists in the maintenance of computerized administration systems and databases such as salary survey aggregator tools to effectively utilize salary survey data and administer compensation programs.
- Audits effectiveness of pay programs by reviewing year over year data trends and other compensation metrics.
- Participates and submits data to independent third party salary surveys.
- Ensures that compensation policies and practices comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Assists in managing online tools including pay administration policies, job analysis and evaluation processes, and job descriptions.
- Participates in department projects that support department goals.
- Prepares a variety of periodic and ad hoc reports to support human resource programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3 years of Human Resources and/or data/financial analysis experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and ability to understand and apply statistical concepts to analyze data.
- Proficient in HR systems and MS Office, with intermediate skills in Excel.
- Knowledge of HR/personnel practices and principles, labor and pay laws and regulations.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively meet business objectives in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Strong customer service skills. Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients and meet their needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a concise manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; ability to handle multiple tasks, shifting priorities and ambiguity while remaining flexible.
- Ability to work with critical information and maintain confidentiality.
- 2 plus years of compensation analysis experience.
- World at Work professional certification (Certified Compensation Professional – CCP).
- Knowledge of compensation theories and best practices including job analysis & evaluation principles.
- Experience in the Utility industry.
- Demonstrated ability in providing guidance and counsel to leadership.
- Proficiency in market analysis tools and survey aggregators.
- Experience managing documents and web content related to program Information.
- Experience using SAP operating system and/or SuccessFactors.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and rewards package.
The pay range for this position is $67,200.00 – $104,400.00, and this position is eligible for annual goals based incentive bonuses.
PSE offers a suite of benefits to our employees. Employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and long-term disability insurance. There are additional voluntary options of supplemental life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent daycare, and an Employee assistance program (EAP). For long term savings, PSE offers a 401(k) investment option and a cash balance retirement plan. Employees will also receive Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays throughout the calendar year. Detailed benefit overviews can be found on our Career page – Why Work For Us (pse.com).
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at [email protected] or 425-462-3017.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.