United Nations Children's Fund
UNICEF will provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Public Health Public health directorate to develop a costed plan for National Nutrition Survey (NNS) and a detailed roadmap for conducting a national Nutrition Survey. The proposed activities will include review of secondary information, consultations with various stakeholders in Nutrition both at the national provincial and district level and development of detailed costed plan and road map for a National Nutrition Survey.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The development of the costed plan and roadmap of the national nutrition survey for Afghanistan will include the following key roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct desk review of relevant literature, national and global guidelines, policies, strategies, and best practices on National Nutrition Surveys.
- Collect and review available information on national nutrition survey needs, stakeholders and users of national nutrition survey in Afghanistan.
- Prepare data collection tools and checklist for gathering relevant information required to develop costed plan and roadmap of National Nutrition Survey.
- Conduct consultation and review meetings with the Ministry of Public Health / Public Health Directorate, AIMS working group, National Nutrition Survey taskforce and with other relevant stakeholders at the national level.
- Undertake in-country (district and provincial level) field visits in selected locations with various stakeholders to collect information on various cost drivers and the information on how sub-national coordination structures support different a survey.
- Review the institutional capacity of the hospitals, laboratories, sample testing and storage facilities and technical capacity to deliver the standard national nutritional surveys including human samples and assays.
- Conduct a validation workshop with stakeholders to review and validate the costed plan and roadmap.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in
- Doctoral or Post-graduate degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Social Sciences, Global/International Health and Nutrition, Medicine, or Public Health Finance.
- All consultants (if institutional consultancy) are required to have the required advanced degree.
- A minimum of seven of relevant professional experience in
- At least 7 years of recent documented work experience in designing and implementing national nutrition surveys, developing nutrition policies, strategies, and guidelines.
- Solid understanding of nutrition coordination structures, integrated service delivery and community platforms for multi-sectoral nutrition service delivery.
- Documented recent experience developing costed plan and roadmap of National Nutrition surveys in a fragile country.
- Previous working experience in Afghanistan or Southeast Asia with health and nutrition programs will be an asset.
- Proven analytical and report writing skills.
- Familiarity and experience of working with UN agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Legal CounselAfrican Union (AU)Addis Ababa, EthiopiaAddis Ababa, Ethiopia
Refugee Progress Assessment AssistantInternational Rescue CommitteeAnywhereAnywhere
HDRO Research Consultant-Fact CheckerUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Finance ConsultantGlobal Green Growth InstituteMexico City, MexicoMexico City, Mexico