International Labour Organization (ILO)
International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center, is seeking applications from highly motivated and experienced candidates for a consultancy assignment under a new GIZ-supported IWMI-CInI-Sustain+ collaborative action research project, ‘Solar Energy for Rural Livelihoods’ (SE4RL).
SE4RL focuses on developing, analyzing and field-testing innovative business models and business processes for effective, equitable and sustainable deployment of solar energy for enhancing rural livelihoods in India, specifically in the socio-ecological contexts of eastern Gangetic plains and central Indian tribal highlands.
Scope of Work
The project consultants will be responsible for co-developing and executing action research pilots and field experiments; anchoring complimentary research and data collection; and supporting engagement with key stakeholders and policy makers. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a complex Water-Energy-Food Nexus issue from a livelihoods, governance and climate perspective.
- Anchor the project locally in the identified state(s).
- Contribute to the design and implementation of action research pilots and field experiments in select regions, in close coordination with the SE4RL core team and field partners.
- Conduct regular field visits, farmer interviews and primary data collection for project analytics and monitoring project progress.
- Conduct immersive on-ground research, quantitative and qualitative data capture, and analyses, in coordination with the SE4RL core team and field partners.
- Undertake research and policy engagement activities at the state and national level to capture opportunities for scaling and mainstreaming of innovative business models and processes through government programs and policies.
- Develop reports and presentations to communicate project activities, progress and insights to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to academic publications and policy briefs based on SE4RL work.
Duration: 12 months from July 2023 to June 2024
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, a cover letter that addresses IWMI’s requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed for the position.
This is a nationally recruited position and only citizens of India are eligible to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Master’s degree in rural management, public policy, sustainable development, agriculture, engineering, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience of working in the development sector, preferably on renewable energy and/or agriculture projects in India.
- Experience in research, action research, field implementation, and data analyses.
- Knowledge and understanding of the solar irrigation and rural livelihood sectors in India.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross- and multi-disciplinary fields and diverse set of partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Willingness to undertake extensive field work and local travel on a regular basis.
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu.net) you saw this internship posting.