Wynn Park Villa
Continuing Care Assistant (CCA)
The CCA is responsible to and works under the direction of the LPN or RN in providing care for the resident(s) which includes meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs. Maintains confidentiality and respects the residents right to privacy.
– Grade 12 education or equivalent
– Graduate of a provincially approved CCA program and/or nursing experience with willingness to obtain CCA designation within 2 years through Recognized Prior Learning (RPL) program.
– Standard First Aid and CPR certification
– Reliable with good attendance record
– Respectful and hardworking team player with professional and courteous manner
– Experience working in a Long-Term Care or Home Care Setting an asset
– Clear Criminal Record Abstract and Vulnerable Sector Check within the last 6 months
– 12 Hour Shifts (Nights and Every Other Weekend)
– Long week/short week
– Proof of vaccination required
– Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Who We Are:
We are a 60 Bed Facility made up of 50 Nursing Care beds and 10 Residential Care Beds. Our Facility is family owned and has three generations of family along with many skilled professional and support services Staff working to make our Facility as family orientated and homelike as possible for our Residents.
We strive to provide excellent care and support for both our Residents and their loved ones. Our goal is to make each Resident who resides with us as safe and comfortable as possible. We hope that our Residents and their families enjoy our home and whatever we can do to assist you, we will.
Our Staff are our greatest asset, and they all know that our motto is the Resident comes first. Our Residents are treated with dignity and respect; we take great pride in caring for each and every Resident.
Visit our website: www.wynnparkvilla.ca or our Facebook page to learn more!
What We Can Offer You:
– Flexible Scheduling (Students encouraged to apply)
– Competitive salaries (Including Night and Weekend Shift Premiums)
– Pension, Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
– Employee Assistance Program
– Comprehensive Orientation Program
– Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
– The opportunity to work with a fantastic Resident focused team
Are you working in healthcare or a related field and interested in starting a career as a Continuing Care Assistant?
Funding is available through the Department of Health and Wellness for the Recognized Prior Learning (RPL) Program for participants accepted into the program between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
What is the RPL Program?
The CCA-RPL program recognizes knowledge, skills, and attitudes gained through on-the-job training, formal education, and life experiences to be assessed for credit awarded towards CCA program education. For more information about the program and funding please contact the Health Association NS – CCA Recognized Prior Learning (RPL) Program: 1-866-265-9900
Work with us while you are completing the program!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.63 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-02-27
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.