Reporting to the Manager, Faculty of Arts & Science (FAS), the Coordinator, Faculty Engagement and Records coordinates faculty academic and social programming, supports faculty recruitment, hiring and career advancement, and maintains accurate faculty records to support faculty success in the Faculty of Arts and Science.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Faculty Engagement and Development:
- In conjunction with the Dean & Associate Dean, support the coordination of a faculty development program to build strong relationships with faculty and understand their individual needs and challenges, schedule regular one-on-one check in meetings with faculty, connect faculty with resources that align with their interests and needs and facilitate peer and administrative support networks
- Develop and coordinate communication strategies that gather faculty feedback and capture diverse faculty perspectives and experiences, including surveys, virtual and in-person forums, social media posts and hosting regular information and follow-up sessions with faculty to discuss implementation of suggestions and improvements
- Implement data analytics tools to efficiently analyze and visualize faculty feedback and experiences to identify trends and patterns, areas of improvement, and to inform and promote diversity and inclusion in communication strategies and academic and social programming
- In conjunction with the Dean & Associate Dean, support the development and coordination of workshops, seminars, and professional development opportunities to support faculty success and foster a culture of curiosity, collaboration and creativity, collaborating with the Faculty & Curriculum Development Centre when necessary
- Stay informed about emerging educational technologies and collaborate with faculty members, IT and Faculty & Curriculum Development Centre to integrate educational technology effectively into teaching and learning practices
- In conjunction with the Dean & Associate Dean, develop and coordinate initiatives to recognize faculty achievements, such as awards programs, faculty appreciation events, publications and newsletters to promote a culture of recognition and celebrate faculty contributions, faculty success stories and events that are inclusive and representative of diverse perspectives and experiences
- Collaborate with Manager, Associate Dean, Dean, Program Chairs and People & Culture to ensure compliance with Human Resource and Memorandum of Agreement policies, procedures and deadlines, including committee compositions, faculty appointments, faculty workload assignments, employment standards, training requirements and privacy regulations
- Support Associate Dean and faculty in the processing and promotion of academic integrity, including communicating academic integrity policies to faculty and students, supporting the processing of academic misconducts and coordinating academic integrity workshops
- Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and externals, providing accurate and timely information related to faculty records, relations and engagement
- Maintain records and documentation, adhering to financial regulations and reporting requirements, related to faculty professional development and visiting guest speakers, including arranging guest travel and accommodation, room bookings, hospitality and catering, securing AV, IT and security support when needed and processing honorariums, reimbursements, actual and budget transfers
- Support the Manager, Associate Dean and Dean in promoting diversity, equity and sustainability initiatives within the Faculty of Arts and Science Office
- Perform clerical duties such as booking rooms, scheduling appointments and requesting and following up on work requests and office maintenance as needed
Faculty Recruitment Support:
- Provide administrative support fortherecruitment, hiring, and promotionprocessesfornon-sessionalfacultyinconsultationwiththe Manager, AssociateDean, Dean, Search Committee Chairs and People & Culture office, including preparing faculty postings and hiring documentation, summarizing and compiling candidate information, organizingsearchcommitteeschedulesandcoordinatingcandidatevisits to the campus for interviews with relevant stakeholders, while actively incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion into the recruitment and selection processes
- In collaboration with IT Services, Student Accessibility Services, People & Culture, Curriculum & Scheduling and Faculty & Curriculum Development Centre, support the onboarding of new hires, including maintaining and processing keycard access, mailboxes, email distribution lists, information groups and knowledge bases, review of syllabi, ordering textbooks, scheduling formal assessments and grading, printing, academic integrity, accessibility and engagement policies
- Support the Dean, Associate Dean and faculty with the Memorandum of Agreement policies and processes, including performance reviews, peer reviews, promotion of rank, permanent status review for teaching stream faculty, non-sessional reappointments, merit applications, sabbaticals, service and retirements
- Support Manager and faculty with the recruitment and hiring of research assistants, including Memorandum of Agreement policies, employment standards, training requirements and privacy regulations
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of faculty records, including the coordinating and tracking of syllabi submissions, teaching evaluations, performance reviews, peer reviews, promotion of rank, permanent status review for teaching stream faculty, non-sessional reappointments, merit applications, sabbaticals, service, retirements and the non-sessional faculty complement
- Support Manager, Associate Dean and Dean with compiling statistics, conducting data analysis and generating reports related to faculty records and engagement
- Explore and recommend appropriate technological tools and platforms to enhance the tracking and maintenance of faculty records and programming
Collaboration and Communication:
- Participate and serve as secretary to University and faculty committees, synthesizing accurate and precise minutes promptly
- Liaise between committees, departments and stakeholders, including communicating complex information and processes and ensuring committee recommendations are integrated into larger organizational strategies and processes
- Liaise with external organizations, industry partners, or professional associations to facilitate partnerships, guest speaker opportunities, or collaborative research projects that benefit faculty and enhance their professional networks
- Engage with students, faculty and other stakeholders to gather feedback and conduct consultations on faculty relations and engagements, facilitate focus groups, and meetings to ensure the diverse needs and perspectives of stakeholders are considered, and communicate outcomes and collaborate with stakeholders to implement recommendations and improvements
- Maintain and update faculty biographies, websites, social media platforms, news and event announcements and promotional materials to ensure accuracy and inclusion of diverse perspectives and experiences, liaising with Marketing & Communications when necessary
- Assist Manager, Associate Dean and Dean with special projects, events, and other duties that contribute to the successful operation of the faculty office
- Advanced knowledge and ability to create digital documents, forms, templates and reports using Microsoft Office Applications, including Teams, Forms, Approvals, Adobe Sign, Docu Sign
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Teams, To Do, and Tasks by Planner, including scheduling appointments, meetings and events, settings reminders, creating tasks, scheduling recurring events and sharing calendars with others and ability to troubleshoot technical issues related to Teams to ensure seamless scheduling and communication
- Advanced writing skills and ability to clearly and creatively draft content and articulate processes and communications in a diplomatic, cohesive, effective, and well-structured manner
- Ability to synthesize accurate and precise minutes for university and faculty committees
- Strong presentation skills demonstrated through presentations at conferences, seminars or workshops and the ability to articulate ideas clearly, confidently, and engagingly to diverse audiences
- Advanced interpersonal, communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work well with high volume, pressure, and changing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters, sensitive situations, crises or challenging conversations with discretion and tact
- Minimum of three (3) years of administrative work experience in a post-secondary educational or related environment
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of decolonization, equity and diversity; and experience promoting a respectful work and learning environment for students, staff and faculty
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work both independently and participate collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated project management and project accounting experience
- Knowledge of curriculum development and approval processes in a post-secondary environment
- Proficiency in Colleague, Canvas, ECM and DCU software
Compensation: Hiring Range – $54,158.84 to $61,965.30 per annum, commensurate with experience, plus benefits; Salary Range – $54,158.84 to $71,191.96 per annum.
Hours of Work: Total of 35 hours per week.
The incumbent in this role will be expected to report to work on campus.
Application Deadline:Interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume and cover letter by selecting “Apply Now”. The review of applications will begin on Friday September 1, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. Please upload all documents in PDF format.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
We encourage members of designated equity-seeking groups to self-identify within the voluntary Applicant Questionnaire .
In order to alleviate the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous administrators, priority in hiring will be given to qualified racialized and Indigenous persons who self-identify as such in the application process. This initiative is a special program under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
OCAD University is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact People & Culture for more information or refer to OCAD U’s Policy of Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.