At Richardson International, being truly invested is at the heart of everything we do. For over 160 years, Richardson has been dedicated to Canadian agriculture. Recognized as a global leader in agriculture and food processing, Richardson is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Richardson has approximately 3,000 employees across Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. At Richardson, we are committed to enhancing our facilities and services and investing in our people and our communities.
We are hiring a professional and energetic Copywriter (Brand Journalist) to join our growing Creative Communications team in our Winnipeg Head Office. Reporting to the Manager, Communications & Public Relations and working in close collaboration with the Senior Graphic Designers and Multimedia Designer, you will play a fundamental role in defining the Richardson brand story and consistently and effectively communicating it across the company’s business divisions for internal and external audiences.
- Apply journalistic skills, approach, and mindset to the corporate environment to profile Richardson brands and the people that work with them with the goal of impacting marketing communications and the bottom line.
- Write innovative and compelling long-form stories as well as tight, impactful copy for standard corporate documents including press releases, media statements, and business letters.
- Collaborate with the Creative Communications team to generate impactful copy for a variety of mediums — including social and digital media, marketing materials, advertisements, trade show assets, websites, and videos.
- Work closely with the Creative Communications team and internal stakeholders to discover and define the Richardson brand story.
- Assist in the development of innovative campaigns to promote the Richardson brand and affiliated brands — including determining the style, technique, and medium best suited for projects.
- Promote and review brand standards, ensuring consistency across all business units.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism, communications, or English.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as journalist, marketing writer, and/or copywriter.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with standard-setting secondary research skills and the ability to translate complex concepts into clear, concise, and compelling content.
- Thorough understanding of how to communicate in the digital environment, with deep knowledge of content strategy and metrics.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask projects, perform under pressure, and meet deadlines. The right candidate will be able to navigate a complex work environment, influence others, and guide decision-making.
- Professional, collaborative approach, positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and work with various teams.
- Duties will require the ability to travel.
Portfolio Submission: Please provide a link to a portfolio or include samples of your recent work.
Successful applicants will be subject to a writing test.
Richardson International provides an excellent compensation package consisting of competitive salary, pension, a flexible benefits plan and training and career development opportunities.
Interested candidates should click the Apply icon to apply online by February 14, 2023.
Richardson International values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.