Announcement Code: HIHFAD-2023-144
Job Title: Digital Fundraising and Communications Officer
Reports To: Advocacy, Media and Communications Coordinator
Department: Media Department
Job Location: Turkey/Gaziantep
Monthly Working Hour: 176
Closing date: 21 -September- 2023
Brief description of HIH:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HIHFAD), previously operating as Hand in Hand for Syria, was established as a UK registered charity soon after the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011 by a group of British Syrians to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians impacted by the conflict in Syria. From humble beginnings the charity has grown to become one of the leading humanitarian actors serving Syrian communities both inside Syria and in neighbouring countries, employing over 1000 staff in Syria, Turkey, and the UK. As the organization grows, it now handles multiple institutional donors such as UN, International NGOs, and bilateral governmental agencies.
Purpose of the Position:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HiHFAD) is seeking a talented individual to join its team as a Digital Fundraising and Communications Officer. This crucial role involves spearheading fundraising efforts and enhancing communication strategies to secure vital funds for the organization. The successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of online fundraising techniques, digital marketing, and the ability to devise and execute impactful fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with the media and communications management/team to develop/update and implement an overall fundraising strategy aligned with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Develop a fundraising action plan for all year rounds for regular and emergency campaigns, implement and evaluate targeted marketing methods, for example but not limited to e-newsletter sign up campaign, public fundraising campaign providing input such as narrative writing and information gathering for campaigns and initiatives.
- launching& running online crowdfunding campaigns on all platforms approved by direct management.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify new fundraising campaigns opportunities and potential online public donor prospects.
- Managing HiHFAD’s website and social media accounts keeping them up to date by sourcing latest news, stories and events by preparing publications and the necessary content for each site and sharing them regularly according to a planned timeline.
- Performing paid social media boosting monthly by managing secured budget to reach the planned objectives.
- Support the UK team in planning, organizing, and execute fundraising events, including community outreach programs.
- Provide technical supervision for the field fundraising and communications officer in line with fundraising scheme and objectives.
- Harnessing and using the available media materials produced by the media and communications team in fundraising campaigns and attracting new donors.
- Interact with donors directly through the platforms through launched campaigns, as well as the official website and via e-mail by issuing a monthly newsletter about the organization’s achievements linking it to the call for donations.
- Provide general analytics and metric reporting requests from social media platforms and Google Analytics.
- Proposing and applying creative or simulated ideas for trendy works that enhance the level of engagement and impact on the social media side, maintaining positive relationships with existing and prospective public/direct donors.
- Conduct campaign reviews to ascertain & feed learnings into future plans.
- Responsibility for quarterly reporting of fundraising sector to direct management and fundraising relevant teams.
- Commitment to fundraising and social communication policies and responsibility for follow-up and development in relevant aspects.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Relevant university degree or certification in marketing, business, communications, or related discipline.
- Three to five years’ experience in online fundraising management / digital marketing, with proven ability to reach fundraising goals.
- Experience in charity fundraising campaigns will be particularly valued.
- Digitally talented, keen learner, with interest in social and technological innovations alike.
- Highly organized with ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi-task.
- Creativity and innovation in the development and implementation of marketing planning.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work within deadlines while maintaining flexibility, tact, and perseverance.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in yet growing unite with quickly evolving roles and responsibilities based on the needs of HIHFAD and the fundraising team.
- Keen on interest and motivation in fundraising and digital marketing, with the desire to learn, develop and advance personal career prospects.
- Excellent communication skills including advanced written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Excellent experience in social media management and has proven track record for campaigning.
How to apply
Interested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
Only candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.