Dispatcher / Social Media Coordinator
Do you enjoy outdoor adventure? Are you looking for a position that allows you to achieve work-life balance? PWTransit may have the opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a full-time Dispatcher / Social Media Coordinator for our Whistler Transit operation. This is a temporary seasonal position with an end date of April 2023.
Working in a busy office environment, you will be responsible for ensuring unionized transit operators are dispatched in accordance with the company Collective Agreement, and for ensuring media information relating to transit service events and disruptions are reflected onto various social media platforms/applications. Additional duties involve front desk clerical and reception duties.
- Business Communications experience considered an asset
- Previous work-related experience with social media platforms required
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Previous administrative experience required
- The shift will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm until November 16; after that the shift will change to Saturday through Monday from 7:00 am – 5:30 pm until April
- Wage is dependent on experience and qualifications
- Dispatch drivers according to a pre-defined procedure
- Monitor radio communications and promote communications between Drivers and the Transit Supervisor
- Post and reply to twitter feed and post alerts and service changes on the BC Transit website
- Investigate and report on service requests and feedback, including passenger complaints
- Ability to work in a unionized workforce
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $21.63 per hour
- 8 hour shift
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.