The Role: District Health Project Coordinator – Western Urban and Rural
The District Health Project Coordinator This position will support the government efforts in healthcare system strengthening especially with a focus on RMNCH +FP services at the district level. S/he will represent the project at district level forums, meetings and consultations on policy and technical issues related to the project’s objectives. S/he will work closely with both the technical and programmatic teams based in the field office and country office. S/he will ensure the regular monitoring of indicators and coordinate with relevant stakeholders at the district and national level.. Female applicants and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Momentum Country Global Leadership (MCGL) project is a five-year global project funded by the USAID to provide targeted RMNCAH + FP technical and capacity development assistance (TCDA) to countries to facilitate countries’ journeys to self-reliance. MCGL also aims to contribute to global technical leadership and learning, and USAID’s policy dialogue for achievement of global RMNACH + FP goals through support to globally endorsed MNCH/FP/RH initiatives, strategies, frameworks, guidelines, and action plans.
- Qualified health professional with strong background in RMNCH. Female applicant with clinical qualification, nurses and midwives are encouraged to apply.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in program management with least 3 years in managing public health projects/programs; leading and managing RMNCH projects and programs will be given priority
- Minimum 1-year experience in management of RMNCH services
- Strong skills in building a team, training, facilitation coaching, and on the job mentoring.
- Experience in supervision, training and mentoring.
- Involvement in recent current or past outbreak preparedness and response efforts
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Word Excel, Outlook).
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities
- Strong oral and written skills. Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic reports that document program directions and results
- Strong interpersonal skills with managing multicultural teams
- Demonstrated relationships with district and national stakeholders within and outside the government
- Experience working in urban and rural settings
- Experience working on a USAID-funded project
Experience in managing and/or monitoring program budgets and expenditures
CONTRACT LENGTH: 11 Months
Closing date: 8th February, 2023
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediatel
- Candidates should apply through the link that will be provided.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4yNTAzNC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20