City of Prince Albert
Located in the heartland of northern Saskatchewan, the City of Prince Albert is a vibrant and innovative municipality that prides itself on being a family focused community. Situated just minutes from lake country the City of Prince Albert is a recreational paradise that offers all the benefits of big city amenities including access to arts, entertainment and unique cultural experiences. The City is leading the way in creating an active, prosperous and healthy City of opportunity for our 36,000 residents. We are in search of ambitious, passionate and talented individuals who are looking for a rewarding career that supports work life balance. If you are interested in contributing to this vision, we welcome you to apply at www.citypa.ca. Come enjoy a balanced way of living at the City of Prince Albert.
The City of Prince Albert is inviting applications for the full-time, permanent position of Economic Development Manager. This role will be accountable for the implementation of the City of Prince Albert Economic Development Strategic Plan, branding and marketing strategy, and Business License Program.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build positive working relationships and partnerships with stakeholder groups, business community, Federal, First Nation, local and provincial governments to promote and enable business to locate and expand in the city.
- Work collaboratively with partners, stakeholder groups, and business community to support labor force attraction, skills development, business retention, expansion, and new investment opportunities.
- Prepare and update the Community Profile, Economic Profile, and the annual business plan of the department to ensure it is current, aligns with the priorities of Council, and objectives in the City of Prince Albert Economic Development Strategic Plan.
- Implement the city’s branding and marketing strategy through the preparation and dissemination of promotion materials via new smart e-tools, social media, the City’s web site, and business networks.
- Evaluate local business sectors to identify and assess potential gaps in the market and prepare promotion materials to identify new business opportunities in the city.
- Represent the City at trade shows, conferences, business symposiums, and economic development associations.
- Review the efficacy of city policies, incentives, and approval processes to enable business retention, expansion, and investment to create a vibrant, local economy.
- Manage and supervise staff, coordinate consultants, and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the key deliverables of city’s economic development objectives.
- Prepare, implement, and monitor economic development strategies, work plans, and budgets to promote sustainable economic development in the city.
- Identify, gather, and analyze market indicators to set, measure, and monitor economic development activities identified in the business plan of the department.
- Provide information, expert advice, support, and general direction to business, investors, social profit agencies, municipal and elected officials to achieve the city’s economic development objectives.
- Provide an economic development perspective to inform the preparation of new city plans, policies, and local area re-development plans to ensure economic development interests and obstacles are addressed.
- Liaise with local business to assist with the expansion, revision, and/or relocation of their business in the city.
- Identify resources available to local business to seek funding for economic development initiatives, activities, and programs.
- Provide liaison for industrial promotion and development problems with senior government and maintain information regarding government programs to assist business development.
- Follow the Act, Regulations, and policies as they relate to Occupational Health & Safety, the Local Authority of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Treat all third party and privileged business information as confidential.
Qualifications (Education, Training, Experience)
- University degree in a related discipline is preferred. Consideration will be given to a combination of education, business management, and/or consulting experience with an accreditation in Economic Development.
- A proven track record in community economic development including 5 years of experience in municipal management and/or entrepreneurial business setting demonstrated by a solid record of accomplishment and experience.
Key Knowledge, Technical Skills and Abilities
- A strong foundation in economic and community development including business and strategic planning, relationship building, marketing, communications, entrepreneurship, business processes, financial planning, and investment attraction and retention.
- Ability to engage and facilitate stakeholder consultations to achieve decision-making.
- Experience managing multiple projects and complex issues in an environment of change. The ability to adapt quickly and positively.
- Strong leadership, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle a wide range of complex issues under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility with internal and external stakeholders including elected officials, corporations, business and community groups and individuals.
- Comfortable presenting to groups and facilitating community and business meetings.
Job Type: Full-time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.