Employee Communications Lead Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Employee Communications Lead in our company, Mercury. This vacancy is based in Toronto Ontario Canada. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Employee Communications Lead Job
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Toronto Ontario Canada
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-12
Posted on: nearmejobs.eu
Storytelling has played an essential role in the human experience, culture, and history since the dawn of humankind. Stories have the ability to transport us to other worlds, teach new ideas, make connections and to inspire change.
Over the past three years, Mercury has grown from 10 employees to over 400 and how we pass information to one another is more important than ever. Our culture is built on transparency and trust, and maintaining that level of transparency as we grow requires thought and intention. We are hiring an Employee Communications Lead to weave the story of Mercury into all employee communication channels. We are looking for someone who can reimagine our methods of information sharing, planning, and communication and drive alignment across teams – all while contributing to our culture and building excitement about what we do as a company.
We are looking for someone who is excited to sift through the treasure trove of information in Slack and Notion while also thinking strategically about how we unite the company around our company goals, progress, and milestones.
In this role, you are expected to have impeccable communication, project management and problem-solving skills, the ability to work strategically, creatively and collaboratively.
Some things you will do on the job:
- Think about how we work and communicate including establishing communication norms, build structure around how to communicate changes
- Build an efficient remote-first communications strategy
- Work with our executive team to set, align and track goals and think about how we better socialize company goals and think about how we streamline our quarterly and annual planning process
- Think about how we use Slack and Notion better or what other ways we can share and track important information
- Build our first employee newsletter with relevant information and updates
- Own the format and planning of our weekly All-Hands (Mercury Martes Morning Meeting or MMM) so all relevant information is shared regularly and clearly while thinking about ideal content and format
- Manage our internal knowledge bases and help bring order to chaos
- Have 5+ years of experience driving change and optimizing process and/or communication pipelines
- Love telling stories
- Have experience building systems and processes that solve problems at the company-wide level
- Be curious and thoughtful about efficiency and optimization
- Think analytically and proactively ask questions
- Have experience influencing senior leadership
- Think about what motivates people, what information is relevant to what audiences, and how to unite teams across the company around a common objective
- Be incredibly organized and love efficiency
- Have an eye for design and love a well-formatted document
- Have a sense of humor (doesn’t have to be a good one)
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and all employees receive salary + equity + benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.
The ranges shared are for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced or more senior than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
The salary range for candidates in the New York City or San Francisco area is $130,000-$149,500.
The salary range for candidates in the US outside of the New York City / San Francisco area is $110,500-$127000.
The salary range for candidates in Canada is CAD 115,500-133,000.
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://nearmejobs.eu/report-job/
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.