100 Academy School of Engineering & Technology
High Needs Area Bonus Included
The 100 is seeking an experienced ELL teacher to successfully educate students in ELL program. In collaboration with the administrative team, the Special Education teacher will be responsible for coordinating service delivery based on IEPs and unique student needs, implementing policies and procedures as outlined in IDEA, coordinating with contract agencies regarding staffing, plan and direct professional development as directed and providing other daily supports to Exceptional Student Education.
- Prepares for and conducts parent and student conferencing according to school policy.
- Delivers student instruction in modalities instituted by school and assigned program (may include but are not limited to: Individual or Group Direct Synchronous Instruction, Learning Support, Life Skills Support, Itinerant Support, Resource Room Support, co-teaching, writing lesson plans, telephone conferencing and instruction, Parent Learning Opportunities).
- Collects data and appropriate work samples.
- Plans and conducts appointments with parents as needed.
- Assists regular education teachers with specially designed instruction when necessary.
- Participates at monthly outings encouraged.
- Provides support for ESE student achievement in the general class through training teachers and assisting with implementation of school inclusion plans.
- Arranges for and assists with training for inclusionary practices.
- Acts as informational liaison for inclusion as appropriate.
- Assists with planning for classroom and testing accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Models strategies for inclusionary practices as appropriate.
- Provides assistance with developing and adapting curriculum materials and educational practices to meet the needs of students and teachers.
- Collaborates with regular education teachers to monitor student progress and compliance (including student compliance issues, withdrawals, etc.).
- Completes student progress reports four times a year (quarterly).
- Maintains IEPs, Quarterly Reports, Progress Monitoring for caseload.
- Develops and Implements IEPs with measurable goals using Progress Monitoring.
- Collects and Reports Progress Monitoring Data for all student goals.
- Conduct IEP meetings within timelines.
- Makes data-driven instructional decisions to improve student outcomes.
- Completes Quarterly Progress Reports.
- Maintains accurate and compliant special education data (class lists with contact info, related services info, IEP due dates, etc.) in accordance to state and local government regulations.
- Completes reevaluations in accordance with Regulations and best practice.
- Develops and monitors appropriate transition plans for students of transition age.
- Maintains communication with Related Service Providers and Case Managers to ensure compliance with provision of services, evaluations, and quarterly progress reports.
- Administers diagnostic assessments as needed.
- Obtains and maintains compliant special education student files.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- SPED and/or Gifted Endorsement
- Possession of valid teaching certification (as appropriate).
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years successful teaching experience.
- Understanding of and commitment to company values.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative staff.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful.
- Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Demonstrates proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email communications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,115.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Las Vegas, NV 89032: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification or Out of state ESE Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.