Meteor Communications (Europe) Ltd
Meteor have been successfully designing, building and installing environmental monitoring and
control solutions for over 25 years. We make it simple to obtain high quality, real-time data in
a secure, accessible way. Our monitoring systems provide complete portable solutions for water quality, level and weather applications. From a single point, to a complete catchment our
systems provide accurate, robust real-time communication, monitoring and control to remote environments.
Opportunities exist for enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals to join our Water Quality Services team in a laboratory orientated role. We have an extensive network of monitoring
equipment delivering real-time data to a range of customers from private sector to government
agencies. Working primarily in the laboratory you will be responsible for ensuring that our network
is serviced and maintained to a high standard.
Qualifications / experience
Successful candidates will have:
- ideally some knowledge/experience of working in a laboratory or similar environment;
- a qualification in an environmental science or similar area or have equivalent experience;
- some experience within the environmental sector however this is not vital;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to work both as part of a team and independently, remaining self-motivated;
- strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail; and
- the ability to manage workload and prioritise work requests.
Responsibilities will include:
- assembly and testing of equipment prior to deployment;
- collation, and interpretation of water quality data and information; and
- calibration, cleaning and servicing of instrumentation.
The successful candidate will receive relevant training. The role will be based in Bramley,
near Basingstoke. Six month
contracts will be offered initially depending on experience, potentially leading to a permanent contract.
Please send your full CV and a covering letter, stating why you’re interested and how you meet
the selection criteria outlined above, by email to Nick Weddell at [email protected].
Successful candidates will be notified by email. Please note that the closing date given is a
guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. You will need to provide proof that you have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to offer feedback on individual applications.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this internship posting.