Pacific Link College
Pacific Link College (PLC), one of the fastest-growing career colleges in Canada, is seeking an experienced instructor for its specific courses as posted in the title. The courses may be involved in multiple programs. PLC offers a challenging and supporting environment where instructors can develop their craft with the care and attention provided by veteran support staff and leadership.
Reporting to the Campus Manager, the Instructor is responsible for delivering components of the courses to students.
- Lead student-centred English classes for a diverse clientele of adult learners
- Plan, prepare, and deliver learning objectives and lesson plans based on students’ needs and level
- Create a welcoming and encouraging classroom environment
- Assess and evaluate student progress
- Maintain student attendance records and other administrative duties as required
Qualifications and Education
Instructors/facilitators must have an appropriate combination of education, occupational experience and teaching experience as follows:
- Preferred – Recognized undergraduate degree and a TESL Canada recognized TESL certificate or a clearly documented equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience teaching adult ESL, particularly using student-centered, participatory methods.
- Community-based, settlement experience is an asset.
- Highly organized, tactful, versatile, and flexible with excellent communication skills; sensitive to and understanding of the needs of adult immigrant learners; attitudes and values in keeping with the goals and philosophies of Pacific Link College.
- Competent degree of computer literacy using e-mail, word processing programs, and learner management systems.
- Knowledge of MS Office and/or database systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Service orientation
- Planning and organizing
Schedule: Tue/Wed 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact the campus directly.
Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of this position.
Job Type: Part-time
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Please list your ESL teaching certifications.
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Surrey, BC
Application deadline: 2023-01-16
Expected start date: 2023-01-24
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (eslteachigjobs.net) you saw this job posting.