About EM College
Established in 2020, EM College is a private Montreal-based language school that offers high-quality courses and tutoring to adults, teenagers, and children. What started as a small service rooted in the community has now grown to become a school with a large number of teachers and staff, as well as hundreds of students who benefit from our various courses and services. With team effort and great dedication, EM College has continued to evolve in its pedagogical approaches and course design and has won exceptional acclaim from both youth and adults alike.
Pay for the first term is $ 25/hr (evaluation period). The amount is to be renegotiated to be higher at the end of the term.
About the Job
The curriculum is already prepared, and the teacher is given a TA to help with marking. Our classes are 1.5 hours (primary level) and 2 hours (secondary level) with a 5-minute and 10-minute break in between sessions, respectively. The teacher does not need to spend a lot of time preparing for classes since the book and materials are provided to them.
We do ask that teachers who apply to work with us stay for a minimum of one term. Term 1: January – June, Term 2: June – August, Term 3: September – December)
- As EM College is a Languages-Canada accredited school, we can only hire ESL teachers with a minimum of a B.A. degree in any discipline with a valid TESL license.
- If the degree is in Linguistics or Applied Linguistics, the applicant does not need a TESL license.
- Please refer to TESL Canada and TESL Ontario’s website for a list of approved accredited programs (not exhaustive). Any applicant who does not have a valid TESL credential is automatically rejected.
- An OCT, Brevet, or Teaching Degree is insufficient. The applicant must possess a valid TESL certificate.
Job Types: Part-time, Freelance
Part-time hours: 4 per week
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Evening shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- TESL Certification (required)
Work Location: Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (eslteachigjobs.net) you saw this job posting.