World Health Organization
The objective of the programme is to deliver WHO core functions at country level and the specific activities include: Effective implementation of WHO’s collaborative programmes in Bhutan; harmonization and alignment of WHO support with national processes and systems; effective mobilization and utilization of resources within the framework of the regional programme budget; close cooperation and coordination between WHO and the Royal Government of Bhutan, UN agencies and other external partners; support and collaborate with the MoH for further development and implementation of national policies and strategies which ensure equitable and universal access to quality health care.
- Monitor the implementation of programme activities related to fellowships, consultants and technical advisers and participation of national participants to international meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops in electronic form, using common formats decided upon by the WR office or those given by SEARO.
- Manage the fellowship programme by:
- supporting in analysis of the fellowship proposals in the light of relevance to the collaborative programme and planned activities in line with the biennial work-plan;
- checking funding status for fellowship applications received from the Government and complete administrative actions in GSM;
- checking the fellowship application forms for completeness of information and putting up to WR for forwarding to the Regional office for further approval and placement;
- ensuring receipt of termination of studies reports and utilization reports for competed fellowships.
- Prepare contractual agreements for consultants and technical advisors, follow up on the implementation and reporting, and ensure that all the administrative formalities are undertaken in GSM including release of payments based on the receipt of deliverables in the contracts.
- Review prospective candidates for GS positions, provide information relating to employment matters without commitment and arrange holding of appropriate tests, evaluation of test papers and declaration of results.
- Review post selection/approval actions including correspondence from initial contact until the recruitment process is concluded under delegate authority to WR.
- Handle petty cash for the office and maintain book of accounts.
- Follow up with the national authorities for nominations requested for WHO Group Education Activities (GEAs) and facilitate clearances for consultants and WHO staff members coming to the country.
- Conduct reviews and prepare periodic reports of fellowships, GEAs, consultancies undertaken during the biennium in consultation with NPO, Administration.
- Follow up on the implementation of workplan activities in designated technical areas and upload the required information in GSM including technical and financial reports.
- Administrative Support & HR
- Liaise with appointed travel agents and arrange travel for WHO fellows, national participants to GEAs outside the country, and consultants and WHO staff members coming into the country. Obtain relevant government clearance and entry visas as required for consultants and visiting WHO staff members.
- Participate as an active member in UN-related activities on salary surveys and studies on local living conditions and maintaining related information on such matters for the office of the WR.
- Function as the security focal point for WHO Country Office and represent WHO on the in-country UN Security Management Team and Operation Management Team.
- Advise and assist staff in the area of office management.
- Provide logistics support (travel arrangements, hotel reservations, etc.) for the organization of International GEAs in Bhutan.
- Act as the HR focal for the country office & carry out HR duties as needed.
- Perform and other duty as assigned by NPO, Administration.
- Procurement planning: developing procurement plans and strategies in coordination with technical unit. This involves assessing procurement needs, identifying required goods and services, and determining procurement methods.
- Vendor management: identifying and evaluating potential vendors, maintaining vendor databases.
- Tendering and contracting: prepare and issuance of tender documents, including requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for quotations (RFQs), and invitations to bids (ITBs). Evaluate bids and proposals, ensuring compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
- Procurement process and compliance: support the implementation and adherence to WHO’s procurement policies, guidelines, and procedures. Ensure that procurement activities are conducted in a transparent, fair and accountable manner. Maintain accurate procurement records and documentation, including supplier files, contracts, and purchase orders.
- Goods inventory management: ensure adequate stock levels and timely replenishment.
- Assist in the global procurement as and when required.
- Completion of secondary school education supplemented by secretarial training.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in administrative work in an International Organization and preferably in an UN organization.
- Thorough knowledge of WHO goals, policies, rules and regulations, structure, and functions.
- Knowledge of programme planning, monitoring and evaluation process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Very good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to manage high profile and sensitive/classified information.
- Expert knowledge of English
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Internal and External VA: Health Specialist (Primary Health Care Coordinator, HSS ), P-4, FT, ESARO, Nairobi-Kenya, post # 85660United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)Nairobi, KenyaNairobi, Kenya
Technicien(ne) service desk(H/F)CritNanterre, Hauts-de-SeineNanterre, Hauts-de-Seine
Gestionnaire de Formation Santé-Sécurité Médical et Habilitation H/FAssystemCherbourg, MancheCherbourg, Manche
Senior Nutrition SpecialistWorld BankDakar, SenegalDakar, Senegal