About the team:
The International Affairs team is working on EFPIA’s international strategy including a focus on global supply chains and strategic resilience, the EU-US and EU-UK relationships, global intellectual property issues, including the EU FTA strategy, as well as priority countries China, Japan, Ukraine, and Turkey.
The Executive Director International Affairs reports to the Director General and acts as a Team lead of 3 team members.
He/she ensures that Trade Policy activities and actions focused on progressing and delivering the relevant EFPIA priorities and deliverables in the field of international (non-EU) pricing and reimbursement, market access, healthcare systems, Intellectual Property and regulatory matters, procurement and customs – are developed and executed accordingly.
The role requires liaising with industry experts and defining strategies to effectively address market access barriers in international priority countries through the EU trade policy agenda.
The Executive Director is the EFPIA representative for the International Board Sponsored Committee, composed of high level EFPIA members, and has a trusted relationship with the Chair & Vice Chair who are EFPIA Board members.
He/she also leads & represents EFPIA in interactions with senior representatives of the European Commission, key stakeholders & competent authorities, at both European and International level.
- Is able to do policy thinking and, together with members, is able to develop policy strategies focused on securing improved market access conditions, high regulatory and intellectual property standards in international growth markets;
- Motivates and empowers his/her team, sets objectives, monitors progress, and makes sure each team member has the necessary support and training opportunities;
- Builds close relationships with relevant EU policy and decision-makers to advocate for effective policy solutions to address market access barriers in international priority markets;
- Monitors and secures the implementation of strategy drawing on internal and external resources where appropriate;
- Defines coordinated actions and cooperates with other healthcare stakeholders (industry associations, patient groups, healthcare providers etc.) where relevant.
- University degree in Health Economics, Health Policy, International Relations (completed with relevant Health Expertise);
- Advanced knowledge of European and International Healthcare Systems, acquired during at least 8+ years’ working experience;
- Proven knowledge of European policy making and EU trade policy;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), networking, collaboration and interpersonal skills – ability to build relationships of trust with a wide range of individuals and organizations;
- Effective, flexible approach to team working; proven ability to influence others at both peer and senior level;
- Strategic and flexible thinking – ability to multi-task, project management, handle complex issues, and translate insights into sound analysis and advice to the organization;
- High personal accountability and integrity;
- Mother tongue level of English with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills is required. Other languages a plus.
- Solid Project Management skills including budget management capacity;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, foster teamwork and drive performance;
- Proven ability to build and maintain close relationships internally and flexible team member with positive attitude, energy, and ability to prioritize projects;
- Excellent organizational skills and consistent attention to detail.
Interested candidates are invited to apply to [email protected] before the 30th of September. Please ensure that your application includes the following;
- An updated CV;
- A letter of motivation describing what attracts you to this position and why you believe you would be the right person for this role.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.