Fiber engineers are responsible for the development and production of new materials. They work with a variety of different types of fibers, including natural and synthetic fabrics, to create innovative products that meet consumer needs. Fiber engineers may also be involved in testing these new materials to ensure they’re safe and effective. This might include anything from simple quality control checks to more complex tests to determine how well the material performs under various conditions
- Create fit for purpose and cost-effective fibre optic to include topology layout, fibre splice plans, cable duct and routing, and where applicable, utilising Openreach PIA
- Experience working with Fibre Optics products including fibre prep and splice
- Working at heights and in the underground network
- Working to client and company Quality, Safety & Health processes and procedures
- Production of construction & cabling work packages for internal or external teams
- To drive consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness
- Ensure that all works comply with guidelines and relevant codes of practice
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders, internal, external, local authorities to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the infrastructure and react to any change
RequirementsBachelor of Science in Computer/Telecommunication/Electrical/Civil Engineering or related.0-1 Years in ISP Engineering Role.Technical skills:Technical skills are the knowledge base and ability to use tools and software to complete tasks. This includes understanding computer programs, software and hardware. It also includes the ability to use tools like computer-aided design software, which is a common tool used by engineers.Communication skills:As a fiber engineer, you may work with other engineers, technicians and other professionals. Communication skills, such as active listening and speaking clearly, can help you collaborate with others and share information effectively.Problem-solving skills:As a fiber engineer, you may be tasked with finding solutions to problems that arise during the manufacturing process. Having strong problem-solving skills can help you identify the issue and find a solution that works.Attention to detail:Fiber engineers work with many different types of data, including chemical data, electrical data and structural data. They must be able to read and interpret this data accurately to ensure their designs are safe and effective.Ability to work as part of a team:Working as part of a team is an important skill for a fiber engineer. Fiber engineers often work with other engineers and technicians to complete projects. They also work with clients to understand their needs and develop solutions.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.