Fibre Line Manager will be responsible to plan direct and coordinate the production operations. In addition they will be responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective leadership methods and strategies.
Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Works closely with department staff to ensure a high level of engagement in occupational health and safety, housekeeping, and environmental awareness.
- Ensures that the Operations processes meet or exceed safety and environmental codes, policies and regulations.
- Provides direction and input on Mill Safety Programs.
- Serves as a member of the Standing Committee, and Negotiations Committee, and Health and Safety Committee.
- Responsible for environmental protection, department safety, product quality and production standards, and the development and training of all production personnel
Operations & Key Job Accountabilities
- On call 24 hours / 7 days per week.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Supports strategic and tactical production and process planning of the Mill. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Monitors and analyzes emerging maintenance and engineering issues as they relate to the mill. Provide direction for the mill site in meeting operational objectives.
- May direct and coordinate activities between operations, maintenance, and technical areas.
- Plans shutdown and start-up timing. Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in production, warehousing, and distribution of goods. Monitor performance and implement improvements.
- Has responsibility to oversee all major yard services – ie. fibre piles, rail movement and repair, snow removal, yard care and upkeep, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Employee Relations & Customer Satisfaction
- As a member of the Mill Management Team, participates in the leadership of the overall business of the mill.
- Provides relief for Mill Manager when required.
- Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity.
- Establish an environment that engages and motivates department members.
- Plan the use of human resources. Identify needs for recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Maintain regular contact with the Power and Recovery, Maintenance, and Technical Departments to ensure efficient effective operations and communications.
- Manages relationships and interactions with auditors, suppliers and others as required
- Prioritize efforts to ensure that high quality products are provided at the lowest possible cost and in the committed volume.
- Develop and implement the department operating and capital budgets.
- Recruiting decisions within operating budget.
- Provides weekly and monthly production reports.
- Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the company.
- Post Secondary education in Technical or Managerial field
- Five to Ten (5-10) year’s pulp and paper experience.
- Five to Ten (5-10) years’ supervisory experience.
- Combination of equivalent experience and education.
- Proven Leadership competency
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Change Agility
- Drive & Energy
- High Standards
- Organizing & Planning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.