International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
The Finance Development Coordinator shall support the National Society to develop and implement Finance Development strategy, Action Plans, which should ultimately result in creating value as a trusted humanitarian organization, with high levels of transparency and accountability. The Finance Development coordinator shall provide analysis and advice on matters related to financial accountability, transparency, financial system strengthening, budget and expenditure management, financial reporting and good financial governance, in cooperation with the IFRC APRO Finance and NSD units. The Finance Development coordinator shall work with the IFRC finance officer to maintain the IFRC PNG CD finance policy, guidelines, and manuals as well as support implementing Capacity Risk Register and Accountability (CRRA) with PNGRCS.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance Development Coordinator shall:
Policy, Planning and Standards:
- Promote the Federation’s policies, frameworks, standards, tools, methodologies, systems, and procedures.
- Support and advise NS project/team managers, in analysing trends, risks and conditions for managing projects and delivering services; resource, budget and finance management; risk and benefit realization management; and, change management and learning.
- Support the NS for institutional preparedness and readiness in cooperation with the IFRC PNG Programme Coordinator.
- Promote the application of and compliance with strategies, resolutions, policies, frameworks, standards and tools endorsed and adopted by member National Societies in global and regional statutory mechanisms, including Strategy 2030, the Principles and Rules of Red Cross Red Crescent Humanitarian Assistance and Manila Call for Action.
- Contribute to upholding IFRC policies, procedures and management system within the CD and support their improvement and review as
- Support PNGRCS to implement Fraud and Corruption Prevention Policy for Board approval and conduct awareness sessions with staff and volunteers.
Finance Capacity Development:
- Ensure that the team responsible for programmes and operations works closely with Finance and National Society Development (NSD) units of APRO, Geneva and other offices in Asia Pacific (when necessary) as well as with Partner National Societies throughout the programming cycle to facilitate a synergetic effort to programmes and operations.
- Coordinate with the Programme Coordinator to promote and engage in systematic monitoring and evaluation of IFRC-supported programmes and operations to ensure that implementation is timely, relevant, effective and in line with best international practice, and to contribute in identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning.
- Promote the full integration of National Society Development (NSD) interventions within and across all programmes and operations to ensure coherent and systematic coordination of capacity building inputs and approaches.
- Co-facilitate Papua New Guinea Red Crescent Society (PNGRCS) and in close coordination with the IFRC memberships and other relevant stakeholders, update emergency response plans, contingency plans, business continuity plan and standard operating procedures.
- Work together with Programme Coordinator to provide strategic direction to National Society and promote uptake of innovative approaches in programmes and operations, including anticipatory financing and forecast-based action.
- Actively participate in and support IFRC’s knowledge and peer-to-peer networks in the Pacific (i.e. Finance development network), and optimization of technical capacities and resources in Papua New Guinea.
- Support and work closely with PNGRCS finance manager to implement the finance management under CRRA modality and to enhance the finance system (MYOB) usage for input and output.
- Relevant university education or an equivalent of qualifying experience
- Recognized Professional qualification in Economics/Finance/Accounting or a related discipline from an institute of repute.
- Relevant training courses (including Red Cross/Red Crescent, humanitarian/development)
- Basic Delegates Training Course (BTC), WORC, IMPACT or equivalent knowledge
- Minimum 5 years work experience with an International Organisation, INGO or NGO
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in a finance / accounting role in senior position.
- Working or volunteering experience within Red Cross / Red Crescent movement
- Familiarity with IFRC’s financial and accounting systems
- Experience in developing and managing budgets and plans
- Experience in financial reporting
- Experience in developing financial manual (policies/procedures), guidelines, and tools
- Management and supervisory experience in a multicultural environment
- Experience working with diverse cultures
Knowledge, Skills and Languages:
- Understanding of PNG – humanitarian landscape, needs and opportunities
- Highly organised with strong time management skills
- Self-supporting in computers (Email, Internet, spread sheets, word-processing, etc.)
- Self-motivated, pro-active and result-oriented approach to work
- Good understanding/practice of planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting issues
- Advanced knowledge in financial management and reporting applications
- Advanced knowledge of financial management concepts and principles
- Knowledge of international accounting and reporting standards (IFRS, IPSAS or equivalent)
- Understanding of opportunities and constraints for sustainable development
- Ability to design and provide training on financial management
- Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work within and lead multi-cultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary teams
- Analytical and focused mind with excellent communication and representation skills
- Security awareness
- Excellent written and spoken English
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.
Showing 1 - 4 of 14689 jobs
NYSA Teacher Assistant – ElementaryInternational Rescue CommitteeUnited States of AmericaUnited States of America
NYSA Sports FacilitatorInternational Rescue CommitteeUnited States of AmericaUnited States of America
NYSA Lead Teacher – High SchoolInternational Rescue CommitteeUnited States of AmericaUnited States of America
NYSA Lead Teacher – Middle SchoolInternational Rescue CommitteeUnited States of AmericaUnited States of America