Liftow is the largest Toyota Forklift dealership in North America, established in 1960 with full-service branches in ON, QC, NB, NS, NL and P.E.I. LIFT Training is a division of Liftow that provides individual and corporate forklift training courses with help of our certified world class Instructors who pride on safety and providing only the best customer service.
- Competitive salary
- Car and Gas allowance
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Employer paid benefits such as: medical insurance, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance and more
- Paid Sick Days
- RRSP Match
- Advancement opportunities
- Company cell phone
- A stable company with 60 years of business excellence
The Instructor provides customers with training services related to powered industrial equipment and other Health and Safety related training to ensure achievement of legislative compliance.
Depending on customer training needs Instructors are required to be available for training sessions occasionally on Saturday’s, be able to travel and be able to work all shift requirements as needed.
Role requires a valid driver’s license and the use of a personal vehicle to carry job duties. This is a remote position where, working from home may be required occasionally.
Role is based out of Halifax, with occasional travel throughout the East Coast.
- Conduct training sessions covering legislative requirements and operator training
– Training sessions are delivered in person at client sites, or delivered virtually as a
live class presenting via camera on a laptop
- Evaluate and test trainees on comprehension of material and driving ability
- Assist where required in updating curriculum as required to customize for specific customer needs
- Assist where required in development of new training programs
- Assist where required in development of new training material and aids for all new programs, consistent with established standards
- Maintain a clean and organized training atmosphere
- Complete and submit trainee training documentation as outlined in trainers’ policies and procedures
Education & Work Experience
Previous work experience of at least 3 years in the operation of powered industrial equipment. Prior training experience of at least two (2) year.
Must have experience required with the following types of equipment:
All types of Forklifts
- Ariel Work Platform
- Front End Loader
A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Competencies and Skills
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow appropriate safety procedures.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, CSA, ANSI, and Ministry of Labour Guidelines for forklift equipment principles.
The work environment details below are those generally encountered by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Classroom, warehouse and manufacturing environments includes varying temperatures (heat and cold) and dust.
- The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- Requires extended periods of standing and walking.
- Occasional remote work from home
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.