UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, dignity
The Digital Fundraising Officer, at the NO-A Level, in the Fundraising area, in Chile Country Office, reports to the Fundraising Chief.
The incumbent will provide support to continue to increase the income of UNICEF Chile and diversify its sources of income.
The main objective of the post is to boost the fundraising operation through digital channels, in order to diversify its sources of income.
To achieve these results, the professional will assist with the development of the Digital Fundraising strategy and will be in charge to implement it, covering the full spectrum of digital marketing.
How can you make a difference?
• Develop the digital fundraising strategy and annual workplan.
o Understand Chile’s digital opportunities and challenges in the market and analyze digital fundraising market trends. Analyze also main competitors.
o Develop the digital fundraising strategy in line with the Private Sector Plan.
o Develop digital annual workplans which ensure the strategy is implemented and delivers the expected results.
o Work and manage digital agencies and providers to deliver KPI’s related to the digital strategy and annual workplan.
• Develop and support the implementation of digital fundraising strategy and initiatives, including acquisition (pledge, leads, one-offs) and donor retention campaigns to deliver fundraising KPI’s across all digital channels.
o Planning, executing and evaluating the investment strategy of the different channels in order to obtain maximum profitability in terms of ROI.
o Support IG team with the planification and execution to all fundraising objetives. Including the advice on capture channels: SEO/SEM, Display, Real Timing Biding, Social Media, affiliation, database capture actions, others, looking for maximum volume and profitability in terms of ROI.
o Focus on creating work processes that can be routinely tested with measurable results which have quick impact in fundraising income.
o Develop and optimize website, emails, prepare imagery and manage CMS systems.
o Develop and implement digital acquisition campaigns and donor retention campaigns.
o Generating A/B testing actions and follow up on results.
• Develop digital leadership to coordinate and synergize the different fundraising digital efforts across all fundraising channels. (UNICEF teams, suppliers, agencies…).
o Push internal and external teams towards integration, to make sure all channels and teams work towards an aligned and shared objective.
o Ensure performance from all external providers, suppliers and agencies. Follow up on results.
o Provide support and leadership to other PFP areas in digital alliances (corporate, individual donors).
o Liaise with Geneva PFP teams and report back on results.
• Implement all the required technological solutions to support the digital fundraising strategy while guaranteeing its compliance with the legal requirements.
o Ensure that digital activities and platforms secure data transfer.
o Guarantee the fulfillment of legal requirements in all digital activities, short and long term (GDPR, data management…).
o Provide know-how on the use of ICT and CRM systems.
• Provide up-to-date analysis of digital fundraising best practices, opportunities and trends and innovation, from UNICEF network and external organizations.
o Use innovation to identify new trends on digital transformation and to develop new business models and channels.
o Understand how digital first organizations work and try to apply this principles in UNICEF day to day work.
o Use the UNICEF network to apply best in class digital learning in Chile. Analyze best practices and apply learnings. Input best in class learnings and look to implement successful activities from the network and external organizations.
o Actively participating in regional conversations to share and learn from other digital specialists in Latin America.
This post will help the expansion of the fundraising strategies under four complementary logics:
- Development of all digital initiatives, activities and channels to assure the maximization to fundraising operation.
- Continuous and systematic control and overview of each digital campaign.
- Correct compilation of data and results for decision making.
- Management of relationships with providers and vendors.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Digital Fundraising, or any other additional training in a related field. A Master’s degree in Digital Marketing will be an asset, but it is not a requirement.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant progressively responsible work experience in a leading role in digital marketing or digital fundraising areas, with specific focus on the following marketing areas: social media, web development, CRM, search marketing, integrated media planning, analytics, and marketing communications. Knowledge of marketing campaign management processes will be an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Additional requirements: Chilean Nationality is Required for this position. National Professional Officers are nationals of the country in which they are serving, and their functions must have a national context, i.e. functions that require national experience or knowledge of the national language, culture, institutions, and systems.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others (8) Nurtures, leads and manages people.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
Salary Estimator Tool – This tool enables you to calculate an estimate of the various elements of your salary and provides you with an overview and estimate, so you can better understand your finances and plan for future assignments.*
*While UNDP makes every attempt to ensure that information is up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable diversity are encouraged to apply.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Should you be selected for a position with UNICEF, you either must be inoculated as required or receive a medical exemption from the relevant department of the UN. Otherwise, the selection will be cancelled.
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 29 Nov 2023 Pacific SA Daylight Time
Deadline: 28 Dec 2023 Pacific SA Daylight Time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.