The Humane League
The Humane League (THL) is an international farm animal advocacy group. THL fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, The Humane League has positioned itself for growth. We have a current staff size of 100+ dispersed across the country and internationally. We are looking for a Global Campaigns Coordinator, responsible for winning global cage-free commitments through corporate campaigns.
The Open Wing Alliance (OWA) is a global coalition of organizations united in a common goal: to end the abuse of chickens worldwide. OWA was initiated by The Humane League and has since grown into a global force, with 98 member organizations in over 70 countries. In addition to launching coordinated global campaigns as a coalition, we share campaign and negotiation strategies, tactics, and resources to accomplish our shared goal.
As a Global Corporate Relations Coordinator, you will work with some of the largest food companies (predominantly headquartered in North America) in the world to improve the animal welfare in their supply chain, currently with a focus on global cage-free commitments. You will be part of a small, high-impact team specializing in cultivating constructive working relationships with global companies and collaborating on broader strategy discussions. This position reports directly to the Global Corporate Relations Manager.
We will be recording a webinar to provide more information about this role and The Humane League. You can submit any questions you would like answered via this form. Please submit your questions by May 23rd, 2023. Once recorded, the webinar will be available to watch here by May 31st, 2023.
The ideal candidate will:
- Display confidence and relentlessness, especially when faced with confrontational or difficult situations and interactions.
- Make use of quick and calculated critical thinking and decision making to excel in high-pressure situations and broader strategic discussions and negotiations.
- Excel in cultural competency as you will be working closely with Open Wing Alliance members to coordinate and align.
This is a full-time, remote position. This position requires domestic and international travel, this could be as much as 1-2 weeks per month, but currently a lot less. We are only able to consider applicants who reside in the United States in the Eastern Time Zone and possess United States work authorization. If you reside in and possess work authorization in the United Kingdom, you can apply for the same position here.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with major multinational global food companies to advance welfare for farmed animals within their supply chains. Currently, cage-free egg commitments.
- Professional daily communications and regular meetings with many corporate executives of diverse backgrounds and companies.
- Establish check-ins with companies on their animal welfare commitments and hold companies accountable.
- Work cohesively with team members intra- and inter- departmentally to coordinate on campaign targets, industry reports, strategy, research, communication, and actions.
- Collaborate closely with Open Wing Alliance members and other relevant organizations to coordinate on corporate outreach and campaign targets.
- Act as the lead on negotiations for OWA global campaigns.
- Independently build out a strategy to prompt companies to take action.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess most, if not all the following qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Tenacity: You display confidence, relentlessness, and creative problem solving, especially when faced with confrontational or particularly difficult situations and interactions.
- Strategic Thinker: You are both quick and calculated in your thinking and decision making in both high-pressure situations and broader strategy discussions. Takes a big-picture view of goals, generates new ideas, and identifies potential pitfalls. Able to make sound decisions and articulate the rationale behind those decisions.
- Collaborative: Although this position is highly independent, the success of this role relies on your ability to work cooperatively and collaborate with team members, as well as other NGOs and stakeholders.
- Organized: This role requires your organization to be on point. You can work to tight deadlines and think far forwards to organize your work and meetings with companies.
- Persuasive: You are excellent at persuasion and negotiation, who is able to seamlessly direct conversation to achieve the desired outcome in high-pressure meetings with corporate executives.
- Communication: Fluent in both written and spoken English. Ability to confidently present our message professionally in both written and oral formats, e.g. emails and public presentations.
This position closes at 12pm ET on Friday, June 12th.
The initial application review will happen after the application closing date above. Once your application has been reviewed, you will be notified via email with further details on the status of your application. If a candidate is moved forward, the interview process will be as follows:
- Work Simulation Exercise (completed remotely)
- First Interview (via video call)
- Final Interview (via video call)
- Reference Check
The compensation range for this role is $60,000 – $75,000 USD. At The Humane League, we believe in maintaining a fair and equitable work environment for all employees. As part of our commitment to transparency and equity, we have adopted a no negotiation policy for salaries. We carefully consider a variety of factors to determine compensation for each position, including a job’s size and complexity, required experience, knowledge, and/or skills, internal comparability, and market data. Experience will be measured by considering prior work in jobs or activities that are related to the role at THL. Required knowledge will be assessed, where applicable, using acquired education and/or certifications.
THL US employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, pet care & Rx discount plans, working from home, up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for eligible employees, paid holidays, flexible vacation time, professional development, and the supportive environment at The Humane League! Benefit information will be provided to United Kingdom candidates upon request.
At The Humane League (THL), animal welfare is at the forefront of our everyday work. As such, many of our staff are vegan by personal choice, and all of our THL-hosted events offer fully vegan menus. We welcome all mission-aligned candidates to apply, no matter where you are in your journey to end the abuse of animals raised for food.
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Humane League is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. We trust individuals to self-identify and ask for the accommodations they need. An example of an accommodation might be extra time to complete a work simulation exercise, among many others. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on nearmejobs.eu
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (nearmejobs.eu) you saw this job posting.