Gombe state government is partnering with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), through technical assistance from TAConnect LTD/GTE., to improve the PHC performance in the state. This partnership is aligned with the health sector component of the recently launched Gombe state ten-year development plan. The goal of the partnership is to Improve PHC service delivery and performance in Gombe State.
Objectives of the Partnership:
- To strengthen HRH systems of production, recruitment, distribution, retention, and performance management for impactful PHC delivery
- To strengthen healthcare financing functions in Gombe state towards achieving universal health coverage
- To improve data management capacity for PHC decision making
- To set up ICT drive ICT improvement methodologies
The primary aim of this consultancy is to support Gombe State Government in its PHC transformation journey towards strengthening PHC performance to deliver RMNCAH+N services/interventions. The consultant shall provide technical support to the partnership team in the implementation of activities in the MoU and work closely with other consultants and firms to be engaged to support the partnership.
This also includes ensuring that the scope and deliverables are on track and of high quality in relation to strategic support for PHC in Gombe state on Health Financing, HRH, Data Management, and Service Delivery.
The Terms of Reference/Scope of work of the consultant include:
- Work on a day-to-day basis with the partnership team to plan, implement and monitor the implementation in accordance with the approved contract/MoU between BMGF and Gombe state and no – objection from the Foundation.
- Support the partnership to ensure that all partnership-related activities are captured in the respective health sector’s Annual Operation Plan for the year and in State Strategic Health Development Plans that may be developed in the years ahead
- Support the partnership team to engage competent consultants and firms in line with Gombe state procurement policy
- Support the state team to develop ToR for the consultants/firm in (2) above
- Develop a performance tracker for consultants and firms according to payment-linked deliverables in the approved ToRs/SoWs and approved contracts
- Support the partnership team to develop and submit no – objection requests as required
- Authorize job completion and recommend payments of vendors, consultants, and firms according to payment-linked deliverables in the approved ToRs/SoWs and approved contracts.
- Work with the partnership team to develop and share progress reports and presentations
- Support the conduct of weekly implementation team meeting
- Anchor the conduct of monthly work plan performance meetings and develop a performance tracker
- Organize monthly check-in meetings with TAConnect, BMGF, and the state team
- Provide technical leadership on planning and conduct of a 3-day bi-annual review meeting on the implementation of partnership
- Serve as a point of contact for consultants and firms working on the partnership
- Support quarterly PHC data sharing at the State Executive Council meeting
- Provide support to GSPHCDA to organize quarterly review meetings for the state task force on immunization and PHC
- Support the partnership team and health financing consultant to plan an AOP and strategic plan for the health sector
- Provide feedback to Partnership Focal Point, ES GSPHCDA, and ES GoHealth on matters needing urgent attention during the implementation of the partnership
- Support the partnership review, update, and implement risk prevention and mitigation strategies
- Support the partnership team to leverage existing Integrated Supportive Supervision (ISS) to provide oversight on partnership implementation
- To provide an update to the foundation on the result tracker of the M/E framework of the partnership during its monthly check-in meeting
- Filled and approved monthly timesheet
- Signed contracts of consultants/firms
- Approved ToR of consultants/firm
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Minutes of partnership meetings and tracking action points and follow up
- Tracker and action points from the monthly work plan performance meeting
- Report of AOP/SSP workshop and finalized AOP/SSP
Note: These deliverables should be done with state participation and must be formally validated by the state.
Duration of Service
Tenure of consultancy: Annual (renewable)
Expected start date
The Consultant will report directly to Executive Secretary GSPHCDA
- A master’s degree in public health or any health-related field
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience with at least 5 years in a leadership position
- Experience working in Primary Health Care (PHC) Service delivery and system strengthening.
- Familiarity with the Gombe State Health sector is an added advantage
- GSPHCDA favors Nigerian TA service providers for this consultancy.
How to apply
How to apply
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their comprehensive CV, Cover Letter, as a single document (PDF or Doc or Docx.) to [email protected] using the Job Title “Gombe State PHC Consultant” as the subject. All applications should be sent on or before 7 February 2023. Only successful candidates at this pre-qualification stage will be contacted. Qualified Gombe Indigenes and women are strongly encouraged to apply.